International Watch

Have to laugh really

Seem to have spent half this week chasing up info about these England U18 games

I even read an article where the head coach (can't remember his name) says he's been asked by his lords and masters at the FA to file a report about the visit to Qatar with the 2022 World Cup in mind

He could start by saying that communication to the outside world is non-existent

OxonOwl's post above tells us England scored after 15mins, although sparing any details, and I've found another similar betting site that would confirm that

... if I hadn't also seen three others that say it's still 0-0  :angry:

I only want to know if young Hirsty is playing

Meanwhile,  Czech Republic U19  0-0 Scotland is the half time score

Edited by Ethel The Tree

1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Fraser Preston starts for Scotland U19 away to Czech Republic - about 10mins gone  0-0

England Twitter claim the U18s kicked off at the same time - but if there's any team news they're keeping it to themselves

Suppose I should also mention that Darryl Lachman turned out for Curacao yesterday in their home friendly v El Salvador, finished 1-1

Think that was his 10th cap, he celebrated it with a booking

Never ever heard of Curacao or indeed that the Netherlands had any territory.  Amazing what you learn on OT. 

Well it seems like England U18s won

The most popular scoreline being 2-1

... although one 'source' called it 3-1 - the last goal coming in the 88th minute

... there was even one saying the final score was 3-2, after Qatar had gone 2-1 up after half time!

Never trust a bookie, that's what I say

So did young Judd score? Did he score a hat-trick? Did he even play!?

All will be revealed - eventually - probably tomorrow

Meanwhile, Scotland U19 conceded a late penalty and lost 1-0, but since our Fraser had been taken off by then ... who cares?  :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Holmes said:

Never ever heard of Curacao or indeed that the Netherlands had any territory.  Amazing what you learn on OT. 

Had to laugh at this I stumbled across the other day , thought it was the blunts league.

wp_ss_20170324_0001.png

45 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Republic of Ireland U21 v Kosovo U21 just started

Connor O'Grady on the bench

It's great to see all this international recognition again.

Shows that the club is getting something right even with the first team stuttering along at the moment.

Let's hope the Scots lads can do well (is it tomorrow they play?) and come back with a bit more confidence.

12 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

It's great to see all this international recognition again.

Shows that the club is getting something right even with the first team stuttering along at the moment.

Let's hope the Scots lads can do well (is it tomorrow they play?) and come back with a bit more confidence.

Trouble is, Scotland are on the crest of a slump right now

I wanted all three Wednesday players to get a game v Canada, play well and gain confidence

But 1-1 was obviously disappointing, and it sounds like Fletcher got off lightly

Bannan & Rhodes have been publicly slaughtered, although not by Strachan

Failure to beat Slovenia tomorrow would probably mean failure to qualify for the finals

That's likely to have major repercussions with management, players and their international futures (IMO)

The pressure's on