Sasso vs Wood

Guest RocketOwl

41 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

it may be the fault of Bannan, Reach, Palmer, Pudil, Wallace, (add your favourite scapegoat here), even if they're not playing, CC or maybe Vic Buckingham.

let's win together / lose together and not all be better managers in hindsight.

Cosmo - Chis Woods is coach at WHU now I think.

Not scapegoats, apart from wallace they've all been not good enough 

Guest Lostondisplay

I'd get Semedo in, hear me out.

Get him to take Woods out, injury for the rest of the season, get a red card or whatever, were not going to miss him like we would Hutch. 

Leeds are a one man team, without him no chance or finishing in the play offs. In addition, they won't score against us, even if we have 10 men on the field as their only threat has gone. 

Semedo needs to play, for the good of the world! It's like a marvel comic, but more important.

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

Are we ready for this one then?

Good luck Sasso.

I like Sasso. But I do worry about him against Wood. 

Sasso's strengths are on the floor. Aerially he is very weak at defending & Wood is up there with the best at attacking a ball in the air.

22 minutes ago, Lostondisplay said:

Get him to take Woods out, injury for the rest of the season, get a red card or whatever, were not going to miss him like we would Hutch. 

Leeds are a one man team, without him no chance or finishing in the play offs. In addition, they won't score against us, even if we have 10 men on the field as their only threat has gone. 

Semedo needs to play, for the good of the world! It's like a marvel comic, but more important.

I like it lol.

The ultimate pragmatic, common sense approach.

Nothing to do with fair play, but anyone around in the 70s who remembers Bremner helping players off the ground with their hair won't mind a bit. 

Guest wilyfox

Wood probably will score, but I wouldn't prematurely pin the blame on Sasso. We're not that great in the air defensively, full-stop. 

Edited by wilyfox

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

You've got to love the world of Owlstalk. One week Sasso scores 2 and people are saying Lees shouldn't get back in the team. The next week he makes a mistake and he's suddenly public enemy number one.

Makes at least 2 mistakes every game 

Guest Copthorneowl
2 hours ago, Greengrass said:

Loosens job.......the end

2 hours ago, Greengrass said:

Loosens job.......the end

Im hoping he doesn't loosen his grip.

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

@RocketOwl Has Sasso nicked your bird or summat? 

Hope not lol. I'm just not oberley convinced with him especially against more robust strikers.

I pray he proves me wrong and I'll be the first to praise him.

Even last game he was weak and pushed over at their goal from the corner and also sliced a clearance they almost scored from.

there is a lot of positives with Sasso too. I was impressed with the way he's been bringing the ball out from defence and he's young enough to get stronger at the areas I feel he needs to improve on:

Hes certainly not the worse defender I've ever seen and he could become very good. At this stage he still worries me though that's all.

2 hours ago, Lostondisplay said:

We lost Wood to injury for three games and won all three, 4-1, 1-0 & 2-1. Who scored 7 goals whilst he was out if we are a one man team?

Doukara would be your joint second highest scorer so far this season and he's been playing out of position on the wing.

Two centre backs, Jansonn and Bartley have 7 goals between them.

I hope CC adds your comments to his team talk. 

Guest RocketOwl
3 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

You've got to love the world of Owlstalk. One week Sasso scores 2 and people are saying Lees shouldn't get back in the team. The next week he makes a mistake and he's suddenly public enemy number one.

I certainly am not one of these. My reservations from sasso stem from last season into this season.

Scoring two goals as a centre back is Fantatsic but it doesn't all of a sudden make you a great defender.