Player ratings

Weaver - 6, Buxton - 7, Batth - 7, R.Jones - 7, Bennett - 6, Palmer - 6, Prutton - 8, Semedo - 7, Sedgwick - 7, Madine - 6, Morrison - 7

Bloody hell Kivo what took you so long? :biggrin:

Guest SheffWed6

Weaver 6, Buxton 7, Batth 8, R Jones 8, Bennett 7, Palmer 6, Prutton 7, Semedo 8, Sedgwick 6, Madine 5, Morrison 7.

Guest Lawsy

Weaver - 6, Buxton - 7, Batth - 7, R.Jones - 7, Bennett - 6, Palmer - 6, Prutton - 8, Semedo - 7, Sedgwick - 7, Madine - 6, Morrison - 7

pretty much that although thought palmer deserved maybe a 7 looked well estabished in the second half

Guest Umbop22

pretty much that although thought palmer deserved maybe a 7 looked well estabished in the second half

loldont get me wrong Palmer played well. he just needs to be more of a man! then again so does Madine

Weaver - 6. Didn't have to do much, did what he needed to when called upon. Reliable.

Buxton -7. First half was very good I felt, but was steady in the second.

R Jones 8. Scored, and was steady at the back. Good captain.

D Baath - 7. Headed well and cleared things up when needed to.

J Bennett - 9. His long throws will be an asset this season and I like how he overlaps and shows a lot of passion too.

L Palmer - 6. Didn't do anything wrong but didn't set things alight.

Semedo -7. Does the dirty work that hardly gets noticed. Was always breaking up opposition play and giving it to Prutton.

Prutton - 9. Flung passes left, right and centre. Brilliant goal. Broke up play. Man of the match for me.

Sedgewick -6. Benefits by having Bennett with him as it means he doesn't have to run as much. Plays well with Bennett. Didn't do anything wrong.

Morrison - 6. Hard day for the strikers today. Fed off bare bones. Chased a lot, waved a lot. Showed a lot of passion too. Fell Over when presented with a decent chance.

Madine - 6. Again, fed off bare bones. Didnt do much. Fell over a lot. Look frustrated at times.

Overall performance - 7.5. Steady performance that contained little flair, but plenty of hard work and communication. Well done Wednesday!

UTO

You've been found out Kivo. You don't actually go to games do you? Either that or you're smoking "funny" substances.

You actually thought that Madine merited the same score as Bennett and Palmer, and to be honest I find that unbeleivable. I'd have thought he merited a three, tops.

It's a long time since I've seen anybody show as little interrest in playing as I witnessed from Madine today. I'd go as far as to say he's hopeless.

Weaver 7 - commanded his area well, couple of good saves too.

Buxton 7 - good performance today, wonder if he can have another good season.

Batth 8 - would love to see this guy sign permanently with us, really developing as a player.

R Jones 8 - dominating, powerful defensive headers, some good tackles thrown and looks threatening during set pieces. good goal.

Bennett 7 - looking very good, hopefully he can stay injury free.

Palmer 7 - looked quiet the first half, picked up a lot during the second. hopefully see a lot more of him this season.

Prutton 8 - really wasn't impressed when we signed him, but he's been a revelation at the club. Super goal and well composed on the ball.

Semedo 8, - good passing, vision and a hardman in midfield. some good throw-ins too.

Sedgwick 7 - definitely better than last season. All aboard the showboat next week.

Madine 6 - alright, but not brilliant. should've won a free kick when he was pushed.

Morrison 6 - didn't do too much. he needs some competition.

We still need another striker though; the bench looked way too defensive and the lack of attacking options could have really cost us if either Madine or Morrison had been taken off with injury.

You've been found out Kivo. You don't actually go to games do you? Either that or you're smoking "funny" substances.

You actually thought that Madine merited the same score as Bennett and Palmer, and to be honest I find that unbeleivable. I'd have thought he merited a three, tops.

It's a long time since I've seen anybody show as little interrest in playing as I witnessed from Madine today. I'd go as far as to say he's hopeless.

Are you serious? He tried for pretty much every ball that was booted up to him.

Some people really do just like to moan.

Think there's only one person who hasn't been to the game....

Madine wasn't great, but he couldn't be faulted for lack of effort. Even Morrison worked his legs off today. A very workmanlike performance throughout the team. No real stand out performers, but no horror shows either.

Weaver: Had to make ZERO saves, but did everything required. 6

Bennett: No nonsense defending, looks very solid and aggressive. Didn't show a great deal going forward though. 7

Jones: Solid, man mountain. Looks to be relishing the captaincy. Great header for the goal. 8

Batth: Same as Jones, solid and composed at the back. Did well against their big strong striker. 7

Buxton: Mr. Consistent. Doesn't really put a foot wrong. Limited attacking opportunities today, but once again, solid enough. 7

Semedo: Constantly harassing, and closing down. Lacking a bit of quality on the ball today, but vital in preventing Gary Jones taking hold of the game. 7

Prutton: Perhaps not as impressive attacking wise then we've seen in pre-season, but tireless and will be a crucial player this season. What a strike as well. 8

Sedgwick: Once again, worked hard, complimented Bennett well in a defensive sense. Still don't believe we'll create chances with him playing consistently. 6

Palmer: Good engine, provided plenty of cover in the central areas, but isn't naturally a winger. Didnt get into the type of positions you'd expect of a winger. 6

Madine: Worked hard, got into two or three good shooting positions. Don't think Morrison/Madine work particularly well together though. 6

Morrison: Much improved to the games I've seen in pre-season. Looked hungrier and worked hard for the team. Didn't really get enough of the ball however. 6

It's pretty clear that from a defensive point of view, we are sorted. But today just highlighted the fact that everybody knows already. We need TWO wingers and at least one striker. Wingers are more important than strikers at this moment in time. It's a very solid base however, and we are now actually looking like a side that might compete in League One. No predictions or over inflated expectations just yet, but I don't think teams will be passing us off the park and "Ole-ing" very often at Hillsborough this season.

Guest armchairfan

Weaver - 7 buxton - 7 Bennett - 8 jones - 8 batth - 7 sedgewick - 7 semedo - 7 prutton - 8 Palmer - 6 madine - 6 morrison - 6

Think there's only one person who hasn't been to the game....

Madine wasn't great, but he couldn't be faulted for lack of effort. Even Morrison worked his legs off today. A very workmanlike performance throughout the team. No real stand out performers, but no horror shows either.

Weaver: Had to make ZERO saves, but did everything required. 6

Not true he stopped one early in the second half

Weaver 7 Alert when needed

Buxton 7 Solid front to back

Batth 7 Doesnt have pace but great timing in the tackle, solid defender

Jones 8 Captains game, won everything in the air and a bullet goal

Bennett 8 Hugely impressed, solid in the tackle and gets forward plus that throw

Palmer 7 Did really well, not JJ but solid again

Semedo 8 A collossus as a defensive midfielder, only pipped to MOM bu his partner Prutton

Prutton 9 Yes he is Jesus, some sublime passing and vision plus THAT goal. MOM

Sedgewick 7 Wheres the Sedge from last year? Really stepped up his game, in the team on merit

Morrison 7 Ran his socks off and stopped Rob Jones getting sent off by calming him down

Madine 6 Spent toomuch time on the deck and poor left foot. Needs a nippy partner

Tactics 7 Meggo got it right with the team available. Solid if unspectacular. Never looked like conceding despite the extra pace Rochdale had up front.

Weaver 7

Buxton 7

Batth 8

Jones 7

Bennett 7

Palmer 7

Semedo 8

Prutton 8

Sedgewick 6

Morrison 6

Madine 6

The central midfield pairing were fantastic today. Prutton and Semedo worked hard, kept the ball well, were strong in the tackle, and well and truly dominated the proceedings. Prutton capped his performance with a cracking goal too. It was a great strike. Man of the match for me. That was such a change from the midfield performances of recent seasons. We have a solid spine to the team now. Very encouraging.

We looked solid at the back too, and other than the shot that hit the bar they didn't create much else. Buxton and Bennett got forward well, Batth looked a class act again, and Jones would have got an 8 from me too if he didn't nearly get himself sent off. He was very lucky to get away with what he did today. As the captain and as a player of his experience he should know better. A poor example to set but other than that he was impressive.

Overall a very encouraging performance, but the only worry for me was that we didn't look to threatening other than from long throws and set pieces. We definitely need to add at least another 2 offensive players to the side. At the very least we need another winger and a striker. We look like we are going to be hard to beat this season. Top marks to Megson and the boys today.