Best 11 as it stands now ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1 which ever way you want to look at it.

Westwood- Obvious reasons.

Palmer- His performance against Leeds was good and think he is more solid than Hunt. Part of a very good defence last season along with Westwood and Lees- communication is important.

Lees- Obvious reasons.

Turner- Solid Championship centre half with experience, our defence maybe on the slow side but Sasso isn't particularly quick either.

Pudil- Experience, promoted from the same division in May. Comes with good reviews. Not convinced with Wiggins or Helan.

Sougou- Quick and lively, already got 2 goals and has shown desire to track back and help.

Hutchinson- Awesome footballer, first name on teamsheet if fit, but that's the bloody problem isn't it.

McGugan- Again should play every week. Box to box midfielder, can score goals and isn't going to get bullied in the middle. Very good player.

Matias- Maybe out wide not his best position? But has ability as shown in flashes already. Not great so far, but should stick with him.

Forestieri- Playing just behind the frontman, will be an important player and the type of quality the top teams in the League have.

Joao- Will score a lot for us this season if the service is there. Has all the attributes. Age not an issue, he's good enough.

Some folks might not like it but I reckon we'll be seeing a lot more of Big Nuhiu than we thought we would a week ago.

Not saying this side is the one I'd like to see, but have a feeling it's the one we will see.

11935111_10154076102806111_2356222608355

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

...............Westwood...............

Hunt......Lees.....Turner...Pudil

...........Lopez.....Melo.......

..McGugan..Forestieri..Matias....

..................Joao......................

I'd independently come up with something like this. though I had McGugan in the middle with FF and Matias outside.

There's no getting away from the fact that this leaves an awful lot of good players on the bench and a whole lot more out of the side completely. Fudge has hit the nail on the head below. We have a decent squad with quality in depth, let's use it appropriately. Over to you CC.

No such thing as a best XI these days. Have to take into account mental state, physical state and opposition all which change week to week, game to game

Some folks might not like it but I reckon we'll be seeing a lot more of Big Nuhiu than we thought we would a week ago.

Not saying this side is the one I'd like to see, but have a feeling it's the one we will see.

11935111_10154076102806111_2356222608355

Like the look of that but prefer Joao to start. I travel 200 miles to see a game and if nuhiu is starting I ain't bothering

Westwood

Hunt--Lees--Turner--Pudil

Hutchinson

Lee--McGugan--Bannan

Forestieri

Joao

A formation without any wingers despite 80%+ of our goals this season being scored from crosses?

Hmmm.

As of our best team right now for the Burnley game, I think FF, Pudil and perhaps Turner have to go straight in, and I can't see us changing from a 4231 now we have a #10, so i'd go for;

XI

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Lees

Pudil

Hutchinson

McGugan

Matias

FF

Wallace

Joao

Subs

Price

Turner

Palmer

Lee

Lopez

Sougou

Nuhiu

Sasso - Done well I think for the game's he has played, but Turner brings experience into the side and for the wages he's on I can't see Turner not playing for long, don't need 2 CB's on the bench. Can only see him coming back in if Loovens get's injured, might be included if we were playing for the draw.

Wiggins/Helan - Pudil far better than both of these in my opinion, no reason to have either on the bench when we have better alternatives, in the form of Sasso,Palmer,Lee that could fill the LB role if required.

Bannan - No reason to have 3 CM's on the bench, 4 if you count Palmer who can play there, think he might need some time to adjust and we don't know how he will settle, so for now stick to what we know. Get the feeling he's going to play a similar role to Lee, and no reason for Lee to lose his place in the squad been okay so far.

Semedo - Would either start him if Hutch isn't fit, otherwise would rather have an attack minded player on the bench, can always have one of the other CMs play the CDM role if Hutch gets injured/sent off. Again, would only include if we went playing for the draw inplace of another CM.

Lavery/Bus - Both well down the pecking order as much as I rate Lavery...barely played this season both likely to leave on loan in the coming week anyway.

Looking at the squad we have CC has a serious problem with the team selection might face a lot of unhappy players in the future. But I think as the season goes on Turner,FF,Pudil and Bannan will play more prominent roles. 

How people cannot have Matias in I will never know! scored 2 hit post at Ipswich, had an unreal save deny him against Oxford! He is dangerous and will score us 10+ this season from the wing!

It's early days and he's 'adjusting'! He divides opinion because it's easy to see him as lazy and a luxury player. He doesn't track back which means our left back is exposed but he will probably score double figures at least this season. I just don't get him yet but time will tell