Is money being spent?

It will be a year or two before we have any concrete idea about how Chansiri is running the club, then we can judge improvements on the pitch and on what the accounts say. The signs are good so far and there's roger all that we can do other than enjoy the ride... or moan about stuff I guess. flipping ROEDER!!!

Guest Daniel Walker

Don't say that mate

'Only reason chansiri got new pitch n scoreboard was for investment ' 😂

I agree with you and do thing money will be spent on the playing staff, however I'm just going to play Devils advocate on most the points.

- We desperately needed a new pitch. Spending so much now will save money in the long run in regards to pitch maintenance. Also it needed doing straight away as to be ready for next season.

- A scoreboard which in time will pay for itself in regard to the revenue it will bring in. Again not really a sign of intent just good business acumen.

- We have been behind a huge part of the football league when it comes to staff. On the whole poor quality and low numbers. Getting up to speed and joining the 21st century finally is a plus, but not really a sign of intent as we haven't surpassed other clubs in this aspect.

- Players being released was a no brainer and we have been safe for months so planning will have been in place for a long time prior to the season finishing.

- Same goes for contracts being offered out early too.

- Transfer deadline day you could argue that we spent the little bit of money left over from the Antonio fee that MM wasn't willing to spend. We didn't have much time and acted fast. Lost of teams have had deadline days like this in the past, it's just we've been unwilling to spend for so long it felt like xmas.

- Again our past shitness when it comes to business sense should not be a barometer on how we conduct our business now. The shirt sales should always be released at the time we are going to this year. We are just catching everybody else up commercially.

As I said I do agree with you. All positive signs that we are finally being run properly and I do believe Mr C will invest in the playing squad. Just wanted to put a different spin on things. Imo it is very likely he will spend, just getting in a few good excuses and a bit of reasoning if he doesn't.

I can see the points you make Jonesy.  Can't disagree with it.  I'm with you there, that all these things being spent are basic requirements in the general scheme of things, but it all depends on what we base it on.  Yes I have been comparing on our past shitness as you say, it is all relative that's a given.  But if we start comparing things to how they should be or how they used to be when we were pretty successful then we will tend to view things in a negative light.  

I also see there are two sides to the same story, just depends on how we decide to see it.  

Things have been pretty bad for us since we dropped out the premier all those years ago, I'm just putting it within that context, as we can all agree that we are much bigger than our current league position shows. 

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

These past few weeks have been like waking up at 4.30am on xmas day and being told to go back to sleep for a bit more! im logging on here every fecking 30 mins checking (please tell me im not the only one doing it) lol lol

These past few weeks have been like waking up at 4.30am on xmas day and being told to go back to sleep for a bit more! im logging on here every fecking 30 mins checking (please tell me im not the only one doing it) lol lol

lol

I can see the points you make Jonesy. Can't disagree with it. I'm with you there, that all these things being spent are basic requirements in the general scheme of things, but it all depends on what we base it on. Yes I have been comparing on our past shitness as you say, it is all relative that's a given. But if we start comparing things to how they should be or how they used to be when we were pretty successful then we will tend to view things in a negative light.

I also see there are two sides to the same story, just depends on how we decide to see it.

Things have been pretty bad for us since we dropped out the premier all those years ago, I'm just putting it within that context, as we can all agree that we are much bigger than our current league position shows.

Yep and as I say I mainly agree with you. Just needed someone to point out the potential negatives or this thread would have died pretty quickly with everyone agreeing lol

Bloody hell this must the longest positive thread ever on OT.  

Brilliant post by Ronio.  Agree with everything he/she said.

We can look to the future with a good deal of hope for once.

lol

Hear hear.

FYI, I'm a bloke

Why I'm feeling positive about the whole pitch/scoreboard is not because they have been purchased and going to be implemented, it's because these things were asked for and Mr C said, no problem, go and get top of the range/best stuff out there. Makes me think he's going to do the same with players as well.

Milan Mandaric got the club on an even keel and in a more stable and saleable condition but the lack of investment probably over the past twenty years is clear to see.

When Wednesday and Chelsea got promoted back to the top tier (the old First Division) in 1984, the teams, the attendances and the status of both clubs was pretty much the same. A different era maybe but the fortunes of both clubs have been in contrast since.

DC has come in and obviously recognised the investment that is required to prepare the club for the Premier League again. His approach since he arrived has been nothing but positive and asking people like Roeder for advice is the sign of strength not weakness and, given his obvious business acumen, I'm sure he knows more about money that all of us on Owlstalk put together.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out in the coming years.

I can't wait to see who we bring in over the summer. For the first time in god knows how long, I'm genuinely excited about our prospects.

What makes it even better is to contrast our optimism with the Blades' ongoing despondency. I was drinking with a Blade this afternoon and some of his comments had the Wednesdayites among us literally crying with laughter:

"If Clough signs any more Scottish midgets this summer, I'll fookin' cry."

"£1.5 million on Brayford? We paid £500k for a League One right-back and the other million for a fancy fookin' beard!"

"It shouldn't be possible to concede 12 goals against Swindon Town in one season. Swindon Town.  Swindon fookin' Town. I googled it and it took Wednesday until 1973 to have conceded 12 goals in total against those poxy fookers...and we've just done it in one season!"

To be fair to him, he ripped his club to shreds far more effectively than any of us could have managed.

Kind of reminds me of this!

Guest shakesby

Don't say that mate

'Only reason chansiri got new pitch n scoreboard was for investment '

Well it was, in the long run it stands to make Chansiri more money than it does the club. 

Speaking as a Wednesday fan, it suggests he's got money. Speaking as a realist, it's nothing to get excited about as it should have happened 10 years ago.

My view is this 

You dont splash out the thick end of £40m to be happy owning  a mid table championship club going nowhere . 

but according to the emo fuc*ers who live here you clearly do, and hes only put for himself, and hes gonna make his 37 mill plus extra back in a year and then do one. Its really pathetic

Guest shakesby

but according to the emo fuc*ers who live here you clearly do, and hes only put for himself, and hes gonna make his 37 mill plus extra back in a year and then do one. Its really pathetic

Nobody has said that buddy.

Nobody has said that buddy.

Sorry plenty of people have said that hes in it to make money and sell up. I thought you read Owlstalk? Granted maybe not in a year as I said but still, plenty have said thats his goal. Also that hes got no intention of getting us to the prem when he says, or providing what is nessecery to get us there in 2 seasons blah blah. 

Guest minsk owl

Perfectly sensible, credible, and well written OP ........... turns into premature money grabbin' shocker

Sorry plenty of people have said that hes in it to make money and sell up. I thought you read Owlstalk? Granted maybe not in a year as I said but still, plenty have said thats his goal. Also that hes got no intention of getting us to the prem when he says, or providing what is nessecery to get us there in 2 seasons blah blah.

Why would he say he aims to get there in 2 years of he didn't mean it.he didn't have to say that in order for us to feel any different about him buying the club.hes the owner and has funded a new pitch which will be better to play football on at home and has funded a new screen which like people have said its a good way to make money through advertising.i think he's going to back SG a lot this summer in order to find the best players for the club.i don't think he's going to go out an spend 6,7,8 mil on 1 player but I do think most will command a decent fee