Pre-season friendlies

My perfect pre season would be:

2 non league teams within a 45 minute radius.

3 lower league teams within a 90 minute radius: I'd go for Bradford, Crewe or Burton as these are the only teams within that distance that I haven't been to in the last few years.

A pre-season tournament somewhere further afield (London, The South Coast, Scotland etc) that we can make a full weekend out of.

A glamour home tie against a big Prem club.

In know most would go for a foreign tour, but they are always when I am at work and I can't get time off for them.

I've been to multiple first team friendlies at these clubs. I agree that the last Stocksbridge game was a youth game, but the others weren't.

Last time time I went to Sheffield FC they played the first choice defence there and first choice attack against hallam the same night

Guest WESTENDOWL

Good we don't wanna be going up to ibrox & playing in front of 12k

No lets go Portugal and play in front of 800

At least Ibrox gives  a chance of a real away day for the majority of us

Edited by WESTENDOWL

Guest WESTENDOWL

I don't care if we go abroad as I won't be going anyway

if you don`t care thats up to you

Portugal i cant afford to go 

Ibrox i can 

What would.be really useful is if the club could announce any fixtures as they are arranged so that fans who like going to away friendlies can have as much notice as possible

^^^^^ This.

So if Thailand is on the cards next year Wednesday can you please let us have as much notice as possible and not the normal 5 mins ala Portugal fixture changes, Austria and Slovenia ;-)   . 

Cheers.

Ian.

Guest conisbrough

Slovenia went well for team last year and due to likely high turnover Gray will be keen on building strong team bond so something similar if not same place.

Guest conisbrough

Just heard having trip to Tibetan Buddhist retreat. Players and fans will be able to train at altitude. All fans going on trip will get free orange robe and head shaved thrown in as part of package.