How will we fit Melo into the side?

When he's bossing Championship midfields like Patrick Viera next season, they'll not be many on here saying it was a bizarre signing.

This.

To most I assume that he's a very obvious signing.

Seriously, do we need to gamble on other players fitness and disciplinary issues regardless of their ability?

Captain of a mid-table Portuguese Premier Team... although they were in the second tier last season

This theyre 10th out of 18 in their premier league and he was the captain.

Fair enough...maybe his wage can be consolidated by the loss of the likes of McCabe, Corry and Coke then?

Fair enough...maybe his wage can be consolidated by the loss of the likes of McCabe, Corry and Coke then?

Once we actually stop paying them you'd hope so mate.

Not sure what I believe regarding whos choice it was to sign him or not but what I do know is...

Hes very quick accross the ground for a guy thats easy 6'4 maybe even nuhiu size. Huge bloke.

Only takes one touch if he can, moves it about very quickly where's people like maguire that takes 100 touches to many and slows us down.

Made a couple of crappy passes but both games were as good as lost when he came on

He'll be a player for us next season, I think, class above what weve got by a mile

Edited by parkerowl

Once we actually stop paying them you'd hope so mate.

Not sure what I believe regarding whos choice it was to sign him or not but what I do know is...

Hes very quick accross the ground for a guy thats easy 6'4 maybe even nuhiu size. Huge bloke.

Only takes one touch if he can, moves it about very quickly where's people like maguire that takes 100 touches to many and slows us down.

Made a couple of crappy passes but both games were as good as lost when he came on

He'll be a player for us next season, I think, class above what weve got by a mile

Agreed. Get a full pre-season behind him and a bit longer to learn the lingo (heard that was an issue) and we may well have a solid player on our hands.

Guest TommyTank

Melo is a signing for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

He was brought in this season to adapt, ready for next season.

Instead of having squad players like Coke, McCabe & Corry we will have squad players like Hutchinson, Semedo and Melo.

Its called strengthening.

Melo is a signing for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

He was brought in this season to adapt, ready for next season.

Instead of having squad players like Coke, McCabe & Corry we will have squad players like Hutchinson, Semedo and Melo.

Its called strengthening.

+1

I could believe at times we might run with

Semedo. Melo.

A winger. McGugan. A winger.

Striker.

Also agree with those who think Melo might be more productive in going forward and that he is adding strength and depth to our squad. I guess we'll see in time.

I'd be stunned if SG had no knowledge of his signing. Doesn't make sense to me. What does Grimbarian think of that? I know he looked into Melo a bit and iirc Melo's brother or cousin had said he was brought in with a view to next season.

Guest Daniel Walker

We can't not play semedo

He's class

It's the players around him who aren't

Semedo. Melo.

Striker.

Also agree with those who think Melo might be more productive in going forward and that he is adding strength and depth to our squad. I guess we'll see in time.

I'd be stunned if SG had no knowledge of his signing. Doesn't make sense to me. What does Grimbarian think of that? I know he looked into Melo a bit and iirc Melo's brother or cousin had said he was brought in with a view to next season.

Yep this could be for many away games

I agree that Melo when up to speed will replace Semedo at times in a 442 and be alongside him at times in a 4231 as the opposition demands.

Semedo. Melo.

Striker.

Yeah I posted the info from his cousin that was second hand from twitter so of course take with the usual pinch of salt but his cousin confirmed that he was bought primarily with an eye for next season onward.