BORO FAN IN PEACE

Thanks for the informative, interesting and inquisitive replies !

I know Rotherham sold out the same 4,500 allocation so thought that would be the limit.

Most Boro fans including myself have a lot of respect for Wednesday fans who are loyal, vociferous and travel in numbers - certainly no animosity on our part !

In terms of numbers our away support has always been good in terms of percentage of our home support. Always get behind the team as well.

This season has been exceptional in terms of numbers. After nearly 8 years of mediocrity the fans at last have something to be proud of. Bandwagoners on top of the hardcore ... which happens at all clubs during the good times.

Derby have brought most to Hillsborough this season I reckon

why are you home crowds so bad then?

My guess is that it's got one of the highest rates of unemployment in the country so not much cash around so going to a game is a considered purchase

i never get why we have to slate opposing fans that come in peace

The poster just wanted info, was polite and asked for a reasonable response

But got trashed

probably the people that aint very happy with their own lives and have a lot of pent up anger inside of them!

i never get why we have to slate opposing fans that come in peace

Because there are a handful on this site that apparently only get pleasure in life by being whiny miserable cunts so they have to drag everyone else down with them.

probably the people that aint very happy with their own lives and have a lot of pent up anger inside of them!

Because there are a handful on this site that apparently only get pleasure in life by being whiny miserable cunts so they have to drag everyone else down with them.

Both right

We had 1,500 for that match Hirsty not 800. Given that we had gained 1 away point out of the previous 30 points and our players were already on the beach (as I posted on here before the game) and all our fans knew it, it wasn't a bad turn-out. You had 1,800 at Boro this season by the way and after been unbeaten in the first four games of the season.  

Anyway I haven't come on here to compare the fans - I've already given my view in an earlier post on what I think of Wednesday's support.

Talking of fans falling out of stands - any of you at the Friday night match at Boro in November 2012 (28,000+ at that game Hirsty) :) ... one of our lot deliberately jumped from the South West Corner (your left) into the Wednesday end ... that's a drop of around 20 feet I reckon ! Mentalist !

We will sell out it's just a case of when. We've sold allocations of over 4,000 several times this season within two days just to season ticket holders so for a short trip to Sheffield we could have sold easily double that ... seriously.

Middlesbrough spelt with two O's is guaranteed to wind most Boro fans up! Even some clubs spell it wrong on match tickets and don't even get me started with the F.A. ! 

"Family in Guisborough" ... I live in the town so you'd best not mention the family name !

Play on sand ... I'm off to Bloomfield Road tomorrow night for our match so I'll report back on our ability ... or otherwise.

The "Crows Nest" at Hillsborough ... when was the last time that was occupied by fans?

Do you reckon I'll get my flag into Hillsborough (St. George's Cross)? I've had problems at nearby Sheff Utd and Rotherham where they wouldn't even let me take it into the stands in a sealed bag let alone lay it out ! I've had no probs at Hillsborough in the past but the elf and safety brigade seem to rule (and ruin) the game these days.

I expect you to sell out, you've always brought good away numbers apart from two years ago when we beat you to stay up, there was absolutely no-one there  :biggrin:

Unfortunately I'm led to wonder if we'll ever see the West Stand full to the brim ever again, looks like the Leeds and Wycombe games might be the last time. Thanks Aaron Crawley, you utter c***.

I can't imagine you having any problems with your flag mate, basically every away team we've had this season has had at least 2 or 3. If you ask nicely a steward might even help you get it out as I've spotted them doing that a few times this year.

Also Karanka better be prepared to mix it up and play a bit of hoofball when you come here, the pitch is in such a state that you'd have to be bloody good to make anything else work. No offence, but mullering Blackpool won't really be much of an indicator (unless you lose, in which case prepare for the most tedious 90 minutes you've ever witnessed).

Guest Carlo Ancelotti

How do you come to this conclusion?

And to answer your previous post aimed at me. Everything is great. Not that it's any if your concern.

Now stick to talking about football on a football forum.

Edited by Carlo Ancelotti

Just to add, the crows nest hasn't been used since we sold out 39,000 home tickets for our promotion game 3 and a half years ago, which meant we stuck the Wycombe away fans in there (thankfully it was a sunny day, in more ways than one). It's only ever used nowadays for Sky's portable studio when they do live coverage. My mate keeps telling me health and safety have had it shut down because it's structurally unsafe but I'm not sure if this is true or not.

Enjoy your visit to Hillsborough Erimus.

Also welcome to Owls Talk, home to the misguided, the erudite, and the impugned, all in equal measures.

A conundrum for our unsophisticated brethren, doubtless ignites conflict and turmoil.

Ride the maelstrom of unequivocal confusion, and conflicting interpretation of meaning.

Used to love The Good Old Days btw.

How do you come to this conclusion?

And to answer your previous post aimed at me. Everything is great. Not that it's any if your concern.

Now stick to talking about football on a football forum.

most others seem to know how ive come to this conclusion...

ouch...hit a nerve did we?  l0l

Good question regarding the home support been moderate. Up 20% on last season but still low. Combination of reasons IMO.

High unemployment 

Local economy is struggling

Matchday prices expensive 

Fickle fans

Better atmosphere at away games ... I know plenty who go away but not to home matches!

We have less visiting fans than any other club in The Championship (Wednesdays 1,800 is the highest by 500 so far this season! We've only had an average 700 away fans so far this season ... we have taken 2,300 on average to our away games which excludes the Cups - where we have taken over 10,000 in two FA Cup games). 

11 consecutive years in the Premier League, season ticket sell-outs, League Cup win, League Cup Finals, FA Cup Final, Europe two seasons running, UEFA Final. world class players etc. ... many of our fans have only ever known this and (not been genuine football fans or Boro supporters) cannot stomach the slog and routineness of the following years in The Championship.  

P.S. Derby's away "support" at Boro over recent seasons has been very low - less than 500 on more than one occasion.

Guest Carlo Ancelotti

most others seem to know how ive come to this conclusion...

ouch...hit a nerve did we? l0l

Hmm

Assuming others lead demoralising and pitiful lives in order to improve your own.

I think I've made my own conclusions on you.

Give up the act.