Which SWFC player are you?

So, we're looking for somebody who's very much out of their shell (Schell, geddit?), but was a smooth operator on the pitch. A combination of silken touch and adventure, lively, popular, not afraid to try the extraordinary - it can only be bicycle-kick maestro Gary Shelton!

Thank you, sir! 

Guest Fedor

So, perhaps a youngster, a firebrand at the time who later went on to calm down. The only problem here is that the last time I had potato curry it disagreed with me a great deal, so this one's going to be a fiery, potato-crazed youngster who left a very sour taste everywhere. I'm afraid you're Alan Quinn.

Can't help but feel disappointed.

I would never sign for Colin.

1) The Collector - John Fowles

2) Rock 'n' Roll with the Modern Lovers - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

3) 35 (I think)

4) Pasta alla Norma, today (tomorrow, anything from an extensive list of pasta sauce based specialities).

Well blow me down, what a selection. Jonathan Richman is a maverick talent, and your range of sauces suggests to me that you can almost do a lot of things really well without managing it entirely. The seeming lack of repentance in your novel suggests that you're a player who shrugged off criticism only to make the same mistakes again. You, sir, are Petter Rudi.

BOOK-THUS SPOKE ZARATHUSTRA-NIETZSCHE

ALBUM TROUT MASK REPLICA-CAPTAIN BEEFHEART

AGE-31

FOOD; MY OWN ARMS IN TOMATOE SAUCE WITH BLACK OLIVES

You actually ARE Dean Smith.

Slaughterhouse 5

Lamb lies down on Broadway

Duck breast in red wine jus, red cabbage, boulangere potato

Your novel is one of the greatest things ever written, and your meal sounds amazing, but, well, Genesis just don't do it for me. So, what I think we have here is a complex, involving character, loved by some and without undoubted talent, but which ultimately lets itself down slightly, perhaps by missing a great chance. You are Mark Bright.

MULTIQUOTE

1- City of God
2- Empire Kasabian
3- 32
4- Chilli Con Carne

So, this is much funnier if I think you mean the 5th Century work of Augustine of Hippo. A curious mix of the angry, the spicy yet the somehow overproduced and flat, you promised far more than you ultimately deserved. Not that you were without moments of quality, obviously. Working incoherently with your team-mates yet capable of moments of individual brilliance, you are Tony Cunningham.

1, Not a book reader.
2, Anything eighties .
3, 51.
4, steak egg an chips, and tray of Carling.

Colin West. Get out.

1.Lord of the Rings

2.Fallout boy - From under the cork tree

4.American style cheesecake

this is for a friend at work as we are bored. Do your worst?

p.s she's female just incase that would affect anything.

So, what we have here is a fiery little fellow, full of spike and verve and trying incredibly hard to achieve, and as American as American-style cheesecake. What could possibly be more reflective of these things thank Frankie Simek?

The secrets of Pricewise
Whatever people say - arctics
A reyt good carbonara

Well, that's not a novel, but it's a guide of how to overperform against all odds. Combined with a youthful enthusiasm and, let's not forget, a winner, what I think we have here is somebody who was young, delivered when it really mattered, but didn't really go on to anything. You, with a lung-busting run into the box, are Craig rocastle

The Count of Monte Cristo

Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters

Macaroni Cheese

Great novel, I'll give you that. Perhaps a man with a great reputation, but having learned the roux I think better things lay ahead. Nothing massively wrong with this at all, but not understanding its proper role quite yet. I think, sir, that you are Ian Taylor.

Book: For Whom the Bell Tolls

Album: Overgrown, James Blake

Meal: Seabass with a spicy mango and papaya salad

Ah, now this is interesting. One of the finest works of literature, and Hemingway is always classy, and I love your dish, but I find James Blake to be somewhat overrated. Fine, just not what he's blown up to be. I'm thinking of a forward who did great, great things for us, but which led ultimately to disappointment. Great memories though, of Jim McCalliog.

AGE-31

STILL DEAN SMITH

Book - A Hero of our Time, Mikhail Lermontov

Album - Astral Weeks, Van Morrison

Age - 59

Food - Macaroni cheese with beetroot

Macaroni cheese with beetroot? What an odd combination. I also cannot STAND Van Morrison, which is unfortunate for you but also true. The anti-hero of your fiction suggests this person was not always popular, but I think he came good in time, as people come round to unpickled beetroot. Not the best player, but certainly not the worst, you are Mark Pembridge.

Guest Steve French

Right, some of you might not know this but:

a) I'm really bored and

b) I'm a gifted psychological profiler.

What you need to do is state:

1) Your favourite novel - The Vampire's Revenge by Eric Morecambe.

2) Your favourite album - My grandad's allotment photo album.

3) Your age - 32

4) What meal you'd cook to impress somebody - Guano tea, drunk from a saucer. With a fig biscuit. Possibly with a pink n white wafer slice.

And I will tell you who your SWFC alter ego is.

This will last until something else actually happens.

Right, some of you might not know this but:

a) I'm really bored and

b) I'm a gifted psychological profiler.

What you need to do is state:

1) Your favourite novel - The Vampire's Revenge by Eric Morecambe.

2) Your favourite album - My grandad's allotment photo album.

3) Your age - 32

4) What meal you'd cook to impress somebody - Guano tea, drunk from a saucer. With a fig biscuit. Possibly with a pink n white wafer slice.

And I will tell you who your SWFC alter ego is.

This will last until something else actually happens.

So, you've a keen sense of fun, but also an inability to do anything asked of you possibly. Ill-disciplined, older than you seem and with keen familial connections which let you down, you're Akpo Sodje.

Just come across this - brilliant thread! Well done to PopePiusX...

I'm intrigued to see my SWFC player.

Novel - I don't read for fun, so my favourite book is: Value of Nothing by Raj Patel.

Album: All the Little Lights by Passenger. 

Meal: Fried Salmon in a basque-style stew, served with rustic bread. 

Guest Big Guns

AGE-31

leftear 

roger me this thread just got better 

he he he

1) The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists

2) Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros: Global A Go-Go

3) 35

4) Salmon fillet on a bed of green beans, smeared with Pesto, drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil and cooked in a foil parcel, served with new potatoes and asparagus off the allotment. I feel hungry after typing that!