Which SWFC player are you?

Read this thread last night and was about to post my info but PPX was off to bed and I didn't want to keep him up. It's possibly my favourite thread this close season, well played your holiness.

American Psycho

August and Everything After by Counting Crows

Steak, roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary, green beans and a red wine and redcarrant sauce. Followed by lemon meringue pie the likes of which she has never experienced.

Great thread PPX

Maus - Art spiegelman

Is this it - The strokes

Grilled mackerel, steamed samphire and a fancy splat of horseradish sauce. With a g&t in the garden. And some blackberries nicked off the brambles next door for pud.

A-ha, our first graphic novel, and a classic from your youth, but a sophisticated dish. And theft. So, basically we're looking for a child, who steals things, and likes fish. Sounds tricky, doesn't it? That is, until you remember those species of Trachinidae common around the North Wales coast, and combined with theft and a joie de vivre, you're Nicky Weaver!

Read this thread last night and was about to post my info but PPX was off to bed and I didn't want to keep him up. It's possibly my favourite thread this close season, well played your holiness.

American Psycho

Steak, roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary, green beans and a red wine and redcarrant sauce. Followed by lemon meringue pie the likes of which she has never experienced.

Ha ha, cheers. Just to check that 'lemon meringue pie' isn't being used as a euphemism here, right?

A-ha, our first graphic novel, and a classic from your youth, but a sophisticated dish. And theft. So, basically we're looking for a child, who steals things, and likes fish. Sounds tricky, doesn't it? That is, until you remember those species of Trachinidae common around the North Wales coast, and combined with theft and a joie de vivre, you're Nicky Weaver!

Ha ha, cheers. Just to check that 'lemon meringue pie' isn't being used as a euphemism here, right?

Nope, it's a buttery biscuit based lemon meringue pie. It's my signature dessert.

American Psycho

Good good. Your music choice suggests that we're looking for a real one-season wonder. This is where the bad news starts for you, I'm afraid. Brett Easton Ellis? Buttery Biscuit Base? Brian Barry-Murphy!

Good good. Your music choice suggests that we're looking for a real one-season wonder. This is where the bad news starts for you, I'm afraid. Brett Easton Ellis? Buttery Biscuit Base? Brian Barry-Murphy!

That'll do for me. Though CC have released 7 or 8 albums and have been touring constantly since their big hit with Mr Jones. Guess they are under appreciated, much like BBM.

Loving your work sir.

That'll do for me. Though CC have released 7 or 8 albums and have been touring constantly since their big hit with Mr Jones. Guess they are under appreciated, much like BBM.

Loving your work sir.

I know that mate, I just meant the title - slight suggestion of just one season!

Happy with that, like Weaver. We share enthusiasm and average ability.

Although, Maus is about the Holocaust - so I'd avoid it as a bed time story for a young un.

Happy with that, like Weaver. We share enthusiasm and average ability.

Although, Maus is about the bad thing - so I'd avoid it as a bed time story for a young un.

I know what Maus is about, just I couldn't think of a Wednesday Holocaust survivor!

And THAT is the weirdest auto-replace thing ever.

Brilliant thread.

1. The Book of Dave

2. Plastic Surgery Disasters

3. 40

4. Beef Bourgignon

Ha, thanks.

Right, what we have here is another change of position, as reflected by TDK's move from a more traditional hardocre sound to an almost world jazz-tinged effort. Probably this player would be misunderstood in future years, as was TBoD, but your dish suggests a comfort in cuisine classique, so a traditional player, who changed position but has been misjudged in hindsight - you're the very solid Peter Atherton!

Guest oz_owl

1. Y The Last Man.

2. I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Lose - Bombay Bicycle Club.

3. 45.

4. Chicken & chips.

Ha, thanks.

Right, what we have here is another change of position, as reflected by TDK's move from a more traditional hardocre sound to an almost world jazz-tinged effort. Probably this player would be misunderstood in future years, as was TBoD, but your dish suggests a comfort in cuisine classique, so a traditional player, who changed position but has been misjudged in hindsight - you're the very solid Peter Atherton!

Pleased with that, I think. Excellent work thanks, great original thread!

Firstly, can I just say how much I want to go on Dinner Dates against you lot?

1. Y The Last Man.

2. I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Lose - Bombay Bicycle Club.

3. 45.

4. Chicken & chips.

Oh, you'll like this one. See, BBC experiment with various styles, which suggests both versatility but also somebody who's bounced back from a setback or two. Chicken and Chips is not the flashiest but very satisfying, and who else would be the sole survivor of a mysterious epidemic than a real hard man? You, sir, are Jose Semedo.

Seemingly going on forever, and overshadowed for years before a change of style brought rewards and adoration, your meaty delight won everybody over in time. You are Kevin Pressman.

You know what, that's pretty bl00dy close, an aged fat bloke. lol

Guest oz_owl

Firstly, can I just say how much I want to go on Dinner Dates against you lot?

Oh, you'll like this one. See, BBC experiment with various styles, which suggests both versatility but also somebody who's bounced back from a setback or two. Chicken and Chips is not the flashiest but very satisfying, and who else would be the sole survivor of a mysterious epidemic than a real hard man? You, sir, are Jose Semedo.

Genius.   :biggrin:

Edited by oz_owl

Don't read much but anything to do with history

Jay-Z : Reasonable Doubt

Big BBQ : Steak, Chicken, Burgers, Sausage, Ribs, lamb, pork, kebabs etc (can you tell I'm hungry)

So, quite the appetite for meat, but not for literature. Your album choice, though thought of as a classic, does feature on the track 'Brooklyn's Finest' a sample from the ODB-related group 'Brooklyn Zoo' who featured a rapper called Shorty Sh*t Stain. So, with this in mind, you're very much Adam Proudlock.