Which SWFC player are you?

1) Your favourite novel - Filth - Irving Welsh

2) Your favourite album  - Radiodread - The Easy Star All Stars

3) Your age - 56

4) What meal you'd cook to impress somebody - Beef Wellington and hope it isn't as tough as old boots

Guest Maxine

Favourite novel. I don't read them, I like autobiographies.

Favourite album. George Michael Older, UB40 Labour of love 2. Any of Beyonces.

Age 43

Meal spag bol.

1) Don't read much, quite enjoy footballers autobiographies.

2) AM - Arctic Monkeys.

3) 18.

4) Steak and chips.

Well, if it's alright with you, I'm going to pretend that your favourite footballer's autobiography is Gordon West's 'The Championship in My Keeping'. This is of no relevance. But what we have here is a real football man, so probably a manager after playing. Popular with the ladies, full of verve, and a meaty prospect, and a WINNER, you're very much Roland Nilsson. Result!

1) Your favourite novel - Filth - Irving Welsh

2) Your favourite album  - Radiodread - The Easy Star All Stars

3) Your age - 56

4) What meal you'd cook to impress somebody - Beef Wellington and hope it isn't as tough as old boots

Right, if you've chosen an Irvine Welsh novel, and you want somebody as tough as old boots, then there's only one choice. Formerly a member of the Hong Kong All-Stars, hard as nails, and looking more like a reformed smackhead than any footballer ever, it's Lee Bullen!

Favourite novel. I don't read them, I like autobiographies.

Favourite album. George Michael Older, UB40 Labour of love 2. Any of Beyonces.

Age 43

Meal spag bol.

Well, here's a combination to savour. Doughty, no-frills, and with proper footballer's taste in music. Probably in charge of the stereo on the team bus with that selection, and a firm fan favourite to boot. It's going to be a former captain, and an all-round action guy, you're Mel Sterland!

Guest Maxine

I thought you were vegetarian?

Or do you make meals with meat for others (I know a few who do)?

Yes I do cook meat for others so I'd do a quorn spag bol and a meat one if that was prefered.

Well, if it's alright with you, I'm going to pretend that your favourite footballer's autobiography is Gordon West's 'The Championship in My Keeping'. This is of no relevance. But what we have here is a real football man, so probably a manager after playing. Popular with the ladies, full of verve, and a meaty prospect, and a WINNER, you're very much Roland Nilsson. Result!

I'll happily take that, cheers  lol

Guest Maxine

Well, here's a combination to savour. Doughty, no-frills, and with proper footballer's taste in music. Probably in charge of the stereo on the team bus with that selection, and a firm fan favourite to boot. It's going to be a former captain, and an all-round action guy, you're Mel Sterland!

I'm very happy with that thank you.

Favourite Novel - I'm not really a reader....regardless of my A Level in English! Last book I read was probably Lee Evans' autobiography.

Favourite Album - Oasis - What's the Story

Age - 19

Meal - Chicken Fajitas

I bet Lee Evans's autobiography sweats.

So, we've got a little livewire here. Fiery, and covers the ground well, but probably a bit overrated on reflection. Also, a taste of the exotic, but can lead to trouble in the future. You're hot-headed midfield dynamo Glenn Whelan!

Novel - 11/22/63  -  Stephen King

Album - Tunnel of Love  -  Bruce Springsteen

Age - 52

Meal - Sirloin tips with sauteed rice , new potatoes and asparagus

Sirloin tips during the meal. Well I never!

So, we're after a seemingly ageless, classic model, who likes to break up play (or assassination attempts) and whose best days may be behind him, but wouldn't let that stop making the effort. Not the best midfielder we've ever had, just as inmy eyes Tunnel of Love isn't the Boss's finest, but certainly not the worst, you're very much Trond-Egil Soldtvedt!