Which SWFC player are you?

Just come across this - brilliant thread! Well done to PopePiusX...

I'm intrigued to see my SWFC player.

Novel - I don't read for fun, so my favourite book is: Value of Nothing by Raj Patel.

Album: All the Little Lights by Passenger. 

Meal: Fried Salmon in a basque-style stew, served with rustic bread. 

Well, your novel suggests a free transfer or loan, and your album suggests a diminutive talent. the dish, however, is very easy to cook but very difficult to cook well, so I think we've got a Spanish talent, small, who maybe took time tocome good, sadly elsewhere. Sir, you are Rodri.

1) The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists

2) Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros: Global A Go-Go

3) 35

4) Salmon fillet on a bed of green beans, smeared with Pesto, drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil and cooked in a foil parcel, served with new potatoes and asparagus off the allotment. I feel hungry after typing that!

This player can only be a left-winger obviously. A diligent soul, always prepared to do his own hard work. Maybe not the best player ever - I don't share your love of Strummer post-Clash - but always determined and not the sort to feign injury. You, sir, are Mark Proctor.

Book - Catch 22 by Joseph Heller

Album - It takes a nation of millions to hold us back by Public Enemy

Age - 40

Meal - Guvec (Turkish oven baked lamb and vegetable stew)

I await your decision with bated breath!

Well, you wont have to wait long. I love Guvec from when I lived in North London, so you're off to a flier, and Catch 22 is of course one of the great novels. And, of course, your album is a ferocious sonic assault, so I think we're looking for somebody from Wilkinson's teams, a real handful, but not given the accolades he deserved perhaps, as your dish is not that widely known. For me, that combination of threat and underratedness means you're Lee Chapman.

Guest Steve French

My mate asked me to ask you abart him:

1) Catcher In the Rye - JD Salinger

2) Highway to Hell - AC/DC

3) Age 28

4) 12 fried shrimp, a bucket of original recipe KFC, french fries... topped with a pound of strawberries.

Ta.

Well, you wont have to wait long. I love Guvec from when I lived in North London, so you're off to a flier, and Catch 22 is of course one of the great novels. And, of course, your album is a ferocious sonic assault, so I think we're looking for somebody from Wilkinson's teams, a real handful, but not given the accolades he deserved perhaps, as your dish is not that widely known. For me, that combination of threat and underratedness means you're Lee Chapman.

Very happy with Chapman mate, 'Don't believe the hype!'

My mate asked me to ask you abart him:

1) Catcher In the Rye - JD Salinger

2) Highway to Hell - AC/DC

3) Age 28

4) 12 fried shrimp, a bucket of original recipe KFC, french fries... topped with a pound of strawberries.

Ta.

Well, it can't be a high achiever, can it? A dropout, a hellish journey, and a complete mess of a meal. But, well, strawberries are nice at least, so we're looking at a colossal disaster of a footballer with maybe one or two high points. A goal against Man United, a rasper at Wembley, that's Colin West.

Of Mice and Men

College Dropout

Make a mean Spaghetti Carbonnara 

A-ha, so we've either a compassionate old man, or a cumbersome loon. The latter is funnier, so we've got a slow, non-moving lout with a Kanye-like belief in his own abilities. You may very well have made a mean carbonara, but then your alter ego has an England cap. Oh dear, you're Jay Bothroyd. I'm so sorry.

Book-The Last Wolf by Jim Crumley

Album- Exile On Main Street

Age- 39

Food- Tartiflette with fresh steamed veg washed down with a pint or two of Bradfield Brewery's Farmers Blonde or Brown Cow

I've read The LAst Wolf, it's fascinating. Exile on Main Street is the last great Stones album I think, so I think we're looking for a veteran player who had Wednesday as a last stopping point. Tartiflette too is a very traditional meal, but absolutely delicious, so we're looking for somebody steeped in tradition. Bradfield Farmers Blonde is delicious also, but quite lightweight, so I don't think we're thinking of a giant. You, sir, are former Footballer of the Year Steve Nicol.

I've read The LAst Wolf, it's fascinating. Exile on Main Street is the last great Stones album I think, so I think we're looking for a veteran player who had Wednesday as a last stopping point. Tartiflette too is a very traditional meal, but absolutely delicious, so we're looking for somebody steeped in tradition. Bradfield Farmers Blonde is delicious also, but quite lightweight, so I don't think we're thinking of a giant. You, sir, are former Footballer of the Year Steve Nicol.

I move about as fast as he does so fair enough. Plus he will be Wednesday manager one day. lol

Novel - In The Name of the Father by AJ Quinnell

Album - Sandinista! by The Clash

Age 50

Meal - Starting with home made fish soup accompanied by a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio: Main course of a marinated lebanese chicken dish served with roasted seasonal vegetables. Main is accompanied by an Australian Shiraz (I don't care that white meat is expected to be served with white wine - the shiraz is a superior accompaniment to this dish in my view). Desert home made coconut ice cream with a couple of slices of mango and papaya. 

Novel - In The Name of the Father by AJ Quinnell

Album - Sandinista! by The Clash

Age 50

Meal - Starting with home made fish soup accompanied by a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio: Main course of a marinated lebanese chicken dish served with roasted seasonal vegetables. Main is accompanied by an Australian Shiraz (I don't care that white meat is expected to be served with white wine - the shiraz is a superior accompaniment to this dish in my view). Desert home made coconut ice cream with a couple of slices of mango and papaya. 

Well, it's the most detailed meal so far, and your album choice suggests a player with a large number of appearances for the club, as it's a double album. Probably a real maverick talent, as The Clash had moved towards their almost dubby sound by this point. An intricate, creative player, who chipped in with plenty of goals too - you're Alan Finney!