damed if you do, damed isf you dont....

"oh, are we ever going to sign someone....OS never give us upto date news"

"cant believe OS have published this article, we'll never sign him now"

SWFC - cant win, ever!

Yes they can, its easy

step 1 Sign a player

step 2 tell us as soon as we sign player

simple

I don't see what is wrong with reporting the fact that the clubs have done a deal and the player is coming for talks.

Nowhere does it say he will definitely sign. It's your own fault if you misinterpret what is being said as any kind of promise of a signing then get all mardy if the player doesn't fancy it.

OK, there is a school of thought that says you keep potential deals like this under wraps until they're done and dusted, to stop fans getting ahead of themselves and over-excited just to let them down if it falls through. Then again, it is the fault of the fans if they read more into the announcement than it actually says.

We're all grown ups, or at least most of us. If he comes, great, if not well nothing was guaranteed.

The club cannot do anything without it being spun into an excuse to slag the club off.

Now there are lots of things the club is doing wrong, starting with the misguided and disastrous lawsuits. But this is just a bit of factual news. Player is coming for talks. Period.

Would you rather the club treated all fans as too stupid or paranoid to be trusted with any snippets at all, and given the mushroom treatment?

I don't see what is wrong with reporting the fact that the clubs have done a deal and the player is coming for talks.

Nowhere does it say he will definitely sign. It's your own fault if you misinterpret what is being said as any kind of promise of a signing then get all mardy if the player doesn't fancy it.

OK, there is a school of thought that says you keep potential deals like this under wraps until they're done and dusted, to stop fans getting ahead of themselves and over-excited just to let them down if it falls through. Then again, it is the fault of the fans if they read more into the announcement than it actually says.

We're all grown ups, or at least most of us. If he comes, great, if not well nothing was guaranteed.

The club cannot do anything without it being spun into an excuse to slag the club off.

Now there are lots of things the club is doing wrong, starting with the misguided and disastrous lawsuits. But this is just a bit of factual news. Player is coming for talks. Period.

Would you rather the club treated all fans as too stupid or paranoid to be trusted with any snippets at all, and given the mushroom treatment?

Certain fans who have questioned certain parties actions and motives have found themselves under threat in the past. The very source of that questioning is being demonstrated once again. It is poor.

Sorry for the cryptic reply. I am just trying to protect myself.

Hi Seth.

Guest davet30

damed if you do, damed isf you dont....

"oh, are we ever going to sign someone....OS never give us upto date news"

"cant believe OS have published this article, we'll never sign him now"

SWFC - cant win, ever!

Hold on ........... it's the 'defend the club at all costs' brigade again lol

SWFC can't win now for love nor money. Even if they pay Nigel all his money back, kiss his feet and give him a season ticket for life!

The've blown it and if anyone wants to have a go then they are fair game just because if this SAGA!!

But you would even argue against that I suppose lol

Getting in a player with this amount of talent can only be good.

That extra bit of awareness/ technique/ pace/ finishing could make all the difference. And it sounds like this lad is very highly rated indeed.

Our team is lacking in quality at the moment, we have got plaenty of committed journeymen. So I for one would be very happy indeed if this came off.

Erm... I'm on the defend the club side.

Yes, it's frustrating when we are told that we have basically signed someone and the deal then suddenyl falls through but that isn't what has happened here.

We are (well... I say we, me personally although I am sure 90% of people feel the same) constantly criticising the club for a lack openness.. They don't tell us anything and we are treated like mushrooms. Equally frustrating.

In fairness all the club have said is yep, Chelsea have agreed he can leave on loan, so now we are going to invite him up here and talk to him and hopefully something can come of it. This is the situation at the moment.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Credit in fact for keeping us informed.

Save your critcisms of the club for once. By all means it would be fair to talk about the potential impact of his signing, how you think he may or may not benefit the team... but the club can't be criticised for this I'm afraid, in my opinion anyway.

The reason for my earlier sarcastic replies is because unfortunately through experience I'm forced into believing nothing goes our way, basically. That's not necessarily the fault of the club though.

to be fair, even if there is a slight gamble

I will be chuffed if we sign Ben Sahar

I agree, COULD be a fantastic loan capture until the end of the season. To be honest I wouldnt expect us to get someone of his quality in, so if he does come I will be pleasantly suprised.

Realistically, we aren't going to get anyone better, we are going to have to gamble on some young lad from the Prem because no-one else will touch us. There arent many better young strikers than Sahar really who we could realistically target, better than some 18 year old from Wigan or Bolton.

However I expect this to fall through as per, something will no doubt crop up.

For me teams like Hull have been pretty average but have benefitted from a good young striker in Fraizer Campbell. Just that bit of extra pace and quality can make a big difference.

Even if he just makes the difference in one or two games the league position will benefit. For example Jeffers 3 big contributions this season 1. the class goal against hull 2. great link up play against stoke for Tudgay's goal and 3. A very confident penalty against PNE has contributed to 9 points this season.

its quite depressing when you think about that actually

Yes, it's frustrating when we are told that we have basically signed someone and the deal then suddenyl falls through but that isn't what has happened here.

We are (well... I say we, me personally although I am sure 90% of people feel the same) constantly criticising the club for a lack openness.. They don't tell us anything and we are treated like mushrooms. Equally frustrating.

In fairness all the club have said is yep, Chelsea have agreed he can leave on loan, so now we are going to invite him up here and talk to him and hopefully something can come of it. This is the situation at the moment.

Save your critcisms of the club for once. By all means it would be fair to talk about the potential impact of his signing, how you think he may or may not benefit the team... but the club can't be criticised for this I'm afraid, in my opinion anyway.

The reason for my earlier sarcastic replies is because unfortunately through experience I'm forced into believing nothing goes our way, basically. That's not necessarily the fault of the club though.

horrar!!!

just what i was trying to say!

Guest davet30

I hear what you say and do agree with your sentiments. The thing what gets my goat is those brain dead knobs who jump on the band wagon everytime someone says something against the club no matter what it is.

.......... I was going to write more but I'll just leave it at that.