Owls in Sahar talks

Guest Kintana

Chelsea's Israel international striker Ben Sahar is due in Sheffield on Tuesday to speak with Owls manager Brian Laws about a possible loan spell in S6.

Laws has agreed a move in principal with the Premier League club and will speak to the player about a potential move as he looks to strengthen his squad for the final stages of the season.

Sahar played on loan for fellow Championship club Queens Park Rangers but his appearances were limited because of an appendix operation.

But the 18-year-old has already broken records, being Israel's youngest capped player for a full international at 17 and Chelsea's youngest ever capped player too.

Brian Laws said: "Ben Sahar is a player we have been talking about and he is a very talented young player. Despite his young age he has played for Chelsea and he has played for Israel at full international level so we know he has plenty of quality.

im not always as cynical as some on here but it is strange that they post that someone is coming for talks.

they never did that for any of the other loan signings.

searching for the kudos but not expecting Sahar to fancy it?

My interpretation is this.

SWFC and CFC have agreed. When Laws asks to speak to the player and Chelsea tell him about the bid Sahar isnt too @rsed but is 50/50 and is persuaded to go for talks.

I feel a " we were going to get Ben Sahar but..." coming on

Presuming Lunt going isn't the only reason we can 'afford' this deal?

Presumably there'll be another player lined up too?

Presumably

Perhaps there is some whelan cash available?

As for Lunt, I hear he was on a big (ish) wage here. I cant imagine crewe forking out for all of it