Danny Röhl Interview

To me he looks like he's had enough!

Like to know what he really thinks of these players either way I think he just wants the season to be over.

He will then ask chansiri for a new team, he then gets rejected with what he wants so walks away knowing the chairman never backed him.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure he regrets coming here. He is apparently a workaholic and it must be doubly depressing to see the lack of effort from the players yesterday. He's off to pastures new for next season and there will be no lack of clubs after him IMO. 

Edited by Almat
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Almat said:

I'm pretty sure he regrets coming here. He is apparently a workaholic and it must be doubly depressing to see the lack of effort from the players yesterday. He's off to pastures new for next season and there will be no lack of clubs after him IMO. 

Perhaps although I'm personally not convinced on this.

Yes Danny improved us when we were rock bottom and there was zero expectation. But as soon as we caught up the pack and there was a realistic chance of staying up we've crumbled under the pressure (so far of course, there's still time to turn it round).

Performing when there is nothing riding on it and performing when there is expectation are two totally different things. 

I'm not saying this to be critical of Danny I just think that if we go down and he leaves he may not have as many options on the table as some seem to think.

2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Perhaps although I'm personally not convinced on this.

Yes Danny improved us when we were rock bottom and there was zero expectation. But as soon as we caught up the pack and there was a realistic chance of staying up we've crumbled under the pressure (so far of course, there's still time to turn it round).

Performing when there is nothing riding on it and performing when there is expectation are two totally different things. 

I'm not saying this to be critical of Danny I just think that if we go down and he leaves he may not have as many options on the table as some seem to think.

I guess only time will tell and not long to go now  to find out as I 100% expect him to leave at the end of the season. Genuinely hope I'm wrong though. 

This is how it will pan out…..

We stay up this year thanks to DR’s heroics.

By a miracle he stays over the summer.

We start the next season brilliantly & we’re sitting between 5-9th come next November.

Then he gets poached.

And we drop like a stone…….

• Haha 1

It must be quite depressing when you've gone from working with German internationals and Premier League players to these absolute donkeys who often struggle to pass a ball 6 yards and couldn't finish their dinner. 

• Like 6

Can forgive lack of quality, but not lack of effort. The problem is that the squad is sh*t, what little quality we have falls off a cliff when looking to the reserves. It's also unlikely they'll provide any uplift in effort, they aren't playing for their futures, they know they'll be looking for another club in a few weeks.

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

I do think we perhaps over rate him a tad as he’s the only bright light this season (alongside loaned Poveda). 

We probably do, but he's the only real reason we've ended up with even a chance of staying up this season.