Röhl to [insert club name]

22 hours ago, fpowl said:

Keep saying it apart from a chansiri cluster f£&k post/ preseason ( which certainly isn’t beyond him ) 

Röhl is better of having a full season with us 

jumping shift after a few months of your first management post without strong groundings doesn’t make a good picture for a loyal manager you can build a playing style and future over. Only indicates he’s using clubs as a stepping stone which may happen soon again 

I dont know I necessarily buy this... The conditions in which he has to work here are more than enough to say this is why I want to move. "I've said the club needs X y z, this hasn't been delivered, you have it already as a normal functioning football club, which is why I am interested in working for you." 

Out issues are hardly secret so no one is going to think they are being used as a stepping stone. plus all clubs succession plan now to a degree as managers don't last so what if you're a stepping stone... If you end up in a better position as a result then in the short termism of football that's not a bad thing.

You can tell those people that don't use logic in their thinking; DR is obviously very ambitious and will manage somewhere else at some point. But to be considered for a better job, there are a few key pre-requisites that EVERY club insists on, and one of them is a degree of loyalty. DR will be with us until his contract runs out, and if he does leave, it won't be to another club.

For the sake of 1 year, he could dramatically reduce his employability by leaving his 1st job after a few months. Lets say he's on the succession plan of a RB Leipzig type club, they will be monitoring him closely... but he jumps ship to Sunderland at the end of this season. They will think twice about him being on their list... they don't want someone who has form for jumping ship after a decent season.

5 hours ago, DuncOwl said:

For the sake of 1 year, he could dramatically reduce his employability by leaving his 1st job after a few months. Lets say he's on the succession plan of a RB Leipzig type club, they will be monitoring him closely.

And, capable as he is, I think he's invested in the bigger picture. A quick jump to a bigger club (think Danny Cowley) is not always a good move. Röhl is probably looking 5-10 years ahead rather than a quick pay rise that may not last.

Röhl will do a maximum of 3 years in the job, like every other manager we have. 

Don't know why fans are stressing. He's not going to build an empire, like Ferguson or Wenger.

Hopefully, he does a good job in the time he's here and then we move on and get someone else.

any manager at any club that's doing well will be looked at by other clubs. When dem blunts were top of the championship Wilder was never off the radio and TV. Moore was in great demand last season. Look what's happened to them two. A manager is only as good as his next game. I'm sure we have other managers in mind should things start to go wrong on the pitch. That last comment might not be true though. 😀