Interesting quote from Röhl.

When Sunderland demolished us this season I thought they were years ahead of us on and off the pitch, only takes one poor owner decision to destroy everything good about a club, look at their form after sacking Mowbray.

Unfortunately we've had 100s of poor owner decisions over recent years.

13 hours ago, Kevowls1 said:

'There's a reason why they're top of the table'

'The facilities, the environment, it's a food team, a good environment'.

Comments that stood out to me aswell!

Just take a look at Ipswich's staff structure. Proper board of Directors. Chief exec, huge management team. We've got Mr Chansiri, head of everything!

Look at the quality of the pitch! The whole club set up for sucess. 

I feel for Danny.

They might well be a food team but not as much as West Ham or Liverpool 

14 hours ago, Jim said:

I think in an ideal world, Röhl wants to build something here but he needs help from the owner. Staying up would be a big boost.

I agree. I think Danny sees a future for himself here, he strikes me as a someone who likes a project. He's seen the dedication from the fans, now he wants to put the club back where it should be. 

If we stay up, I hope that Chansiri gives him exactly what he needs. The fact that everything goes through him shows that Chansiri is willing to let him just get on with things. I'm not defending Chansiri, I think he's a massive hindrance to our success and a terrible owner, but he's clearly supportive of Röhl and if he isn't going anywhere, I hope he sees the value in his manager and let's him structure us how he sees fit.

14 hours ago, Miffed said:

We’ve never really seemed to have any sort of long term plan since Chansiri arrived. It seemed like the initial plan was s*1t or bust and since then it’s been a mishmash of projects with no consistency between each new managerial appointment. It was clear from the offset that we needed people with experience guiding the club and a strategy of success. Stay up or go down, I can’t see any of this changing and every season we’re going to be saying we need a clear out. 

We havent had a long term plan since 'Sir' Jack left.

1 hour ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

I agree. I think Danny sees a future for himself here, he strikes me as a someone who likes a project. He's seen the dedication from the fans, now he wants to put the club back where it should be. 

If we stay up, I hope that Chansiri gives him exactly what he needs. The fact that everything goes through him shows that Chansiri is willing to let him just get on with things. I'm not defending Chansiri, I think he's a massive hindrance to our success and a terrible owner, but he's clearly supportive of Röhl and if he isn't going anywhere, I hope he sees the value in his manager and let's him structure us how he sees fit.

Moore was building something but Chansiri didn’t give him what he needed to continue the project….. Doesn’t fill me with confidence that he will back Röhl 

• Like 1

Chansiri isn't to blame for the rot that set in 30 years ago. Chris turner highlighted how poor the training facilities way back when valued at 'north of 10m'

the board then had no money or desire to spend what they had on facilities outside the south stand

Manderic picked up the pieces but just did what was  necessary to make us sellable 

now latterly Chansiri tried to correct the pitch  but that's failed,  the training facilities are lower league 1 level 

The Ground itself is suffering due to age and its exacerbated  from lack of maintenance to the basics: water, toilets and catering 

As we've now got to admit the cure all golden handout of promotion is beyond us even viewed from Thailand

There is now only one way out of this horlicks 

We need intelligent investment and a lot of it.  A line must be drawn under this ownership and a coherent plan to go forward from where we actually are not not in our memory 

The servile chansiri groupies who turn against protests are part of the problem too, for far far too long this apathetic fanbase has accepted substandard leadership as something we should be grateful for and not dare criticise 

for this season we have to accept whichever side of the relegation divide it crumbles

but we cannot progress with this ownership 

• Like 1