Championship 23/24

I think the saints goal epitomoses them this game - very bitty - poor final ball that lacked any direction but a mix up in the plymouth defence allowed Tella the strike on goal

Good finish but fortuitous build up

Plymouth kick off and equalise immediately...

Watching this game is annoying me. 

A simple press and Saints absolutely sh*t themselves. 

We spent 90 minutes backing off them, at home, and made them look the second coming of Barca 2011. 

And yes, I know they don't have JWP and a couple of others playing for them now. Still...

• Like 1

Rus Martin's teams always take enormous risks

He'll come under pressure if they lose this but i feel he should be given time because his Swansea team that finished last season were so much better than the one that started it

Was gonna say that Leicester need to be careful with such a committed high press - well, there's why...

2 minutes ago, scram said:

Rus Martin's teams always take enormous risks

He'll come under pressure if they lose this but i feel he should be given time because his Swansea team that finished last season were so much better than the one that started it

Was gonna say that Leicester need to be careful with such a committed high press - well, there's why...

Could be wrong, but I get the sense he might be one of these style over substance types. 

Plays some lovely football, but never actually achieves anything with it. 

Watch them win the Champ by 20 points now. 

• Like 1

Russell Martin won't see the season out at Southampton.

He plays in such a way it gives off the impression he'd rather his team break passing stats records, and receive praise from football hipsters than actually get results. It obviously can't be true, but it does feel like there's some ego there where he's setting things up to gain personal praise rather than just grinding out wins.

To have conceded 15 goals in 5 and a half games is very poor when you consider the resources they've got. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Russell Martin won't see the season out at Southampton.

He plays in such a way it gives off the impression he'd rather his team break passing stats records, and receive praise from football hipsters than actually get results. It obviously can't be true, but it does feel like there's some ego there where he's setting things up to gain personal praise rather than just grinding out wins.

To have conceded 15 goals in 5 and a half games is very poor when you consider the resources they've got. 

I think thats nonsense tbh

Of course he wants to win things but he wants to win playing his way

It took him a while to get going at both MK and Swansea as he got his ideas across before the teams got used to them and became consistent