Plymouth away

13 hours ago, S6owls said:

Hi , anyone know or run any coaches to Plymouth away game ? Wasn't pleasant on train last time around so just seeing if I can make other arrangements this time around I'd be looking for 4 places. 

cheers

Just curious what wasn't pleasent about your train ride

30 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Can't speak for him personally but although I do prefer to travel to away games by train where possible it isn't always a pleasant journey depending on which fellow passengers you get lumbered with. Hours of groups of "lads" getting tanked up or aggressive and chanting football songs for the entire journey gets a bit tiresome. Especially when Plymouth is 5 hours each way.

Edited by alanharper
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

The performance , amount of changes , time waiting on platforms, and I had a  headache😔 was only asking about a coach for 4 people if no one's got anything spare il hire my own 😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, S6owls said:

The performance , amount of changes , time waiting on platforms, and I had a  headache😔 was only asking about a coach for 4 people if no one's got anything spare il hire my own 😂😂😂

Il be running one pal..message us and il give you my number 

• Like 1

Guest I Love Coffee
1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Expect it was a CrossCountry train, in which case probably a constant smell of the toilet and overcrowding.

26 minutes ago, niallzi said:

We'll probably be able to get 3K if we need it but we didn't take that much last year

I thought we took about 2.7k, not sure where I got that from, I've looked it up on the OS and we got an initial 1.7k and then an additional 300, which all sold out. So I'd expect the same this year.

12 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Just checked train times and cost there bloody expensive 

Trains and coach prices have all shot up this season, it's the state of the world at the moment.

With a railcard and splitting fares I think I got the cost of the Plymouth train down to about £70, it's a nightmare sorting all the different tickets but it's the same train all the way down and I think one change at Derby coming back. Coach won't be much cheaper, they haven't put a price in the link above, but it's been over £30 this season to MK and Peterborough which are only a couple of hours away.

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

Can't speak for him personally but although I do prefer to travel to away games by train where possible it isn't always a pleasant journey depending on which fellow passengers you get lumbered with. Hours of groups of "lads" getting tanked up or aggressive and chanting football songs for the entire journey gets a bit tiresome. Especially when Plymouth is 5 hours each way.

lads getting tanked up is 1 thing but when they were singing karaoke very badly coming back from ipswich on the train thats a new level. 

those of you travelling your worth a free ticket . you can come back from new york quicker than plymouth by road. 

there is no way i can do a coach for 7 hours or even a train for 5 hours ,if i had plenty of free time id stop down there for a week to break the travel up a bit. 

2 minutes ago, morganowl said:

lads getting tanked up is 1 thing but when they were singing karaoke very badly coming back from ipswich on the train thats a new level. 

those of you travelling your worth a free ticket . you can come back from new york quicker than plymouth by road. 

there is no way i can do a coach for 7 hours or even a train for 5 hours ,if i had plenty of free time id stop down there for a week to break the travel up a bit. 

4 of us driving down and back up on the same day, Wednesday better not let us down again. 

4 hours ago, I Love Coffee said:

Expect it was a CrossCountry train, in which case probably a constant smell of the toilet and overcrowding.

another shocking train company , i think most of them are . many times they run just 4 carriages for very long journeys ,not much fun been sat on the floor for hours or stood . can we do owt right in the uk? . people just put up and stand for owt.  

• Like 1