Your 21-22 Squad Ratings

46 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Soz mate, my mistake. Read Adedoyin as Adeniran.  Profuse apologies.

No worries. It was a bit tongue in cheek including Adedoyin as he only played 3 games in the Pizza Cup. Don't know how he made it in that list, unless Emerson meant to put Adeniran.

Over the whole season I’d rate like this. Some like Mass and Byers would be higher but they only did it for half the season.

BPF 7

Palmer 6.5

Brown 3 awful

Gibson 4 injured 

Hutchinson 6

Iorfa 5

Shodipo 4

Adeniran 6

Gregory 8.5

Bannan 9

Windass 6 good when fit

Paterson 6

Byers 7

Dean 6

Dele-Bashiru 6

Johnson 8

Kamberi 2 garbage

Luongo 7.5

Dunkley 6

Berahino 6

Wildsmith 5

Hunt 7.5

Storey 6 over rated

Mendez-Laing 6

Sow 4.5

Wing 3 so upset that didn’t work 

Corbeanu 6

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

No worries. It was a bit tongue in cheek including Adedoyin as he only played 3 games in the Pizza Cup. Don't know how he made it in that list, unless Emerson meant to put Adeniran.

Yes, it was his Pizza Cup heroics against Harrogate that saw him up there. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

So we've lost 7 of our top 8 players from last season.    WTF:

Time to panic!

Although on a slightly more serious note, that's why I think Vaulks has a tough job coming in to replace Luongo. He could come in and be our best player and that's still just as good as Luongo was (Dean doesn't really count as he only played a few games).

People are saying he could be better than Luongo by not getting injured. But a) it's not easy for Wednesday players to not get injured, and b) when we do find players like Palmer, Reach or Nuhiu who rarely get injured we tend to get even angrier at them for always being available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GermanBird said:

For me Dunkley was clearly the MOM of those games. Therefore I was so surprised that you don't rate him at all. But everybody has their own opinion.

respect to you for not trying to rip my head off my shoulders

C7D57824-E931-451D-AE4C-BBBFCADB50AF.png.077490a6ca1680d118735d165fda6658.png

thinking about it i can somewhat agree with you with the wycombe game but i personally found him to be more a liability found his positioning more poor than good and his touches to me were inconsistent 

36 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Yes, it was his Pizza Cup heroics against Harrogate that saw him up there. 

ooo ah 63B29B70-259A-4F9A-88B1-B210965411EF.png.47a24e169d5f780a7c95e1674261ae37.png

I thought there was something bright about adeniran he best not prove me wrong with way i’ve placed him in that list otherwise i’ll give you full right to publicly execute me in hillsborough park

2 hours ago, I Love Coffee said:

I tend to agree on Palmer, although its very brave of the OP to mention it, as the bully boy mob will be out to get him!

if that was the bully boy mob then they need to go back to nursery heard better from a child 😂😂 

7 minutes ago, DecOwl04 said:

respect to you for not trying to rip my head off my shoulders

thinking about it i can somewhat agree with you with the wycombe game but i personally found him to be more a liability found his positioning more poor than good and his touches to me were inconsistent 

I have a bit of a soft spot for him, but I know that I am in the minority here. Guess he's not as good as I believe, but better than you believe. Let's meet halfway 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thebizzle said:

Any examples of that?

if you go back to the game we played against MK Don’s on the 21st August bang on at 52:34 in you’ll see Palmer pull a deck chair out and start reading a book

Being serious though I can’t give any sort of specific examples because you watch that much that you don’t remember every specific detail to all of the matches to sum up what i remember seeing though it was either some of his runs looked effortless when he could’ve put a bit more pacing and won the ball or it was a case of him falling over when someone stuck a bit of pressure on him (don’t get me wrong it wins us set-plays but it personally doesn’t appeal to me especially for that to come from a defender)

One more thing i noticed with him as well but this is more of a minor thing as he is a defender after all but sometimes he looked like he was more bothered about getting the ball away from himself rather than keeping it for a second or 2 to see if any better chances opened up Palmers got a good cross so i have no doubt in my mind that he wouldn’t be able to make some decent plays all he has to do is spot to see if theres any gaps in the midfield to pass to either the winger on his side or a mid fielder if not then he takes it down to defender next to him that’s how i would personally look at that though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I have a bit of a soft spot for him, but I know that I am in the minority here. Guess he's not as good as I believe, but better than you believe. Let's meet halfway 😀

it’s good that you stand by him me personally i have a soft spot for brown so I can’t fault you for liking dunks end of day its each to their own opinion 

• Like 1

On 24/06/2022 at 07:16, Fablon Dunlop said:

I agree with you on his commitment, but I can't say that he lacks ability. I think in terms of ability, he's one of the most underrated in the squad. 

He's a good passer and crosser. Two good

examples are that superb long ball for Windass goal against Plymouth (think it was Plymouth) and that brilliant cross for Patos goal against Cardiff, when we biffed them 5-0. 

His crossings around the 30% mark, as are his long balls, hes got 3 assists which isnt too shabby but needs to be at least treble that at RWB, he has missed a couple of really decent chances, his passing in the opponents halfs a touch over 60 % which is half decent, he loses a bout half of his one on ones, but way more than half in the air, but that will be mostly due to standing in at CB.

He gets cudos for filling various roles, hes guilty of losing possession a fair bit as well.

After all these years to be still reliant on two fairly average RBs speaks volumes

1. Bannan

2. Gregory

3. Hutchinson

4. Byers

5. Johnson

6, Hunt

7. Luongo

8. Peacock - Farrell

9. Storey

10. Mendez-Laing

11. Palmer

12. Adeniran

13. Paterson

14. Berahino

15. Corbeanu

16. Dunkley

17. Wing

18.Dele - Bashiru

19. Brennan

20. Kamberi

21. Shodipo

22.Wildsmith

23. Sow

24. Brown

Not included Dean , Gibson, Windass, Iorfa etc cus of injury.

22 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

1. Bannan  51

2. Gregory  39

3. Hutchinson 31

4. Byers 27

5. Johnson 44

6, Hunt 46

7. Luongo 30

8. Peacock - Farrell 47

9. Storey 21

10. Mendez-Laing 19

11. Palmer 46

12. Adeniran 23

13. Paterson 44

14. Berahino 36

15. Corbeanu 18

16. Dunkley 24

17. Wing 24

18.Dele - Bashiru 32

19. Brennan 14

20. Kamberi 27

21. Shodipo 21

22.Wildsmith 8

23. Sow 19

24. Brown 16

Not included Dean  9 , Gibson  6, Windass 12, Iorfa 21 etc cus of injury.

Overall your rating looks ok, but IMO you have to include Dean, Gibson,  Windass and Iorfa, if you include Wildmith and Brennan.

I've added the number of appearances to prove my point.

Doing this, I was very surprised that Brown had 16 appearances and my only memory is the own-goal in a game, where everybody was utter useless. If I was a player, I would try to avoid any cup games to protect my reputation.