Does anyone remember the rattle?

1 hour ago, sternlad said:

I have to say…and I am boasting here…my sea grass stool made with 8…yes 8, mortise and tenon joints in the 2nd year ( year 8 ) is still upstairs in a bedroom and is rock solid at the age of 54!

Same here mate, my obligatory sea grass stool is still going strong which is surprising as I can certainly remember mixing up sawdust and glue to try and disguise the gaps in my pretty crap mortise and tenon joints. The rattle and stool are the only things I can remember making at Westfield.

19 hours ago, mogbad said:

Same here mate, my obligatory sea grass stool is still going strong which is surprising as I can certainly remember mixing up sawdust and glue to try and disguise the gaps in my pretty crap mortise and tenon joints. The rattle and stool are the only things I can remember making at Westfield.

I remember making  a boot scraper in metalwork…

19 hours ago, mogbad said:

Sounds like you could have been in the year above me then? Where were you living at that time?

28 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Sounds like you could have been in the year above me then? Where were you living at that time?

I started in September 1965. I was living in Hackenthorpe at the time, only a handful of us from my old junior school (Birley Spa) went to Westfield.

On 28/04/2022 at 12:36, Daniele Giovanni said:

Grew up when these were all the rage until I saw a kid with blood all over his face totally accidentaldownload.jpeg.c0e7ba3ef72412fadfed2dfc68a2494c.jpeg

Yea had one the same and painted it blue and white...  I got Ron Springett's signature on it my first fav player. Dangerous thinking back now but wish i still had it!

15 hours ago, mogbad said:

I started in September 1965. I was living in Hackenthorpe at the time, only a handful of us from my old junior school (Birley Spa) went to Westfield.

Ah I see…a lot of folks used to transfer across to Westfield from Carter Lodge for 6th Form.

you would have been two years ahead of me as I began there in 1967. Small world🤣