Does anyone remember the rattle?

Got an old Sheffield Tigers speedway one - it really is an offensive weapon, in terms of noise & weight! Bought as a pair with a Birmingham speedway one. Can’t find a photo of it but here’s the Brummies one

7ED3D68C-A300-4A22-9F8D-0CEE0F9AC6B5.jpeg

• Love 1

Made one in school woodwork ,painted blue and white . Took it to next match ,stood at front wall of kop with rattle hanging over the wall . Norman Curtis took a wild shot , smashed my rattle to matchsticks . 

• Haha 6

First wooderk project at Westfield circa 1967…I did paint mine blue and white at home using them mini tins of humbrol paint that you used for Airfix kits…never used it though, as a weapon or a noise maker! Made very good bird scarers if you had a bit of reseeding to do😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Made one in school woodwork ,painted blue and white . Took it to next match ,stood at front wall of kop with rattle hanging over the wall . Norman Curtis took a wild shot , smashed my rattle to matchsticks . 

Brilliant!

25 minutes ago, sternlad said:

First wooderk project at Westfield circa 1967…I did paint mine blue and white at home using them mini tins of humbrol paint that you used for Airfix kits…never used it though, as a weapon or a noise maker! Made very good bird scarers if you had a bit of reseeding to do😉

I also made one in woodwork at Westfield School, round about 66/67 time. In the woodwork classroom next to the playground at the old Lower School if my memory serves me correctly.