Just booked hotel for wembley

I dont understand why people are booking Wembley and Ealing as a base which are pretty dreadful places.

Its like coming to Sheffield to see Wednesday and booking the Alana B&B because its in Hillsborough. 

Short tube rides in all directions to some great neighbourhoods.

• Like 2

On 21/04/2022 at 20:40, Owlsrgud2 said:

As thread says just booked premier inn Ealing for sat / sun in case we get to playoff final. Cost 236.00 inc brekkie but thinking off making a proper weekend out of it.  Free cancellation if it all goes wrong or if by some act of god we make autos.  Anyone else already booked up?

Booked in the exact same one, except Fri - Sun

Friday and Saturday night at the Hyde in Hendon. £144 for myself and the grandson. Going even if we don't make it as he's never been. Booked in March. Train down to St Pancras early morning then a 10 minute transfer to Hendon. Just Sunderland in the way now. 

6 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Friday and Saturday night at the Hyde in Hendon. £144 for myself and the grandson. Going even if we don't make it as he's never been. Booked in March. Train down to St Pancras early morning then a 10 minute transfer to Hendon. Just Sunderland in the way now. 

Bloody hell, just realised I've answered this thread twice now, thought it was new. And I've raised the price by 11 quid.:ghoulguy:

12 hours ago, Nero said:

I dont understand why people are booking Wembley and Ealing as a base which are pretty dreadful places.

Its like coming to Sheffield to see Wednesday and booking the Alana B&B because its in Hillsborough. 

Posted earlier in the thread about the same subject.

There is a weird buzz staying 100 yards from such an iconic ground the night before. There’s an eerie silence that’s like the calm before the storm, only broken by the sound of some distant pi*s head Owl in the distance. Very atmospheric!!

It’s also great to see the coming’s & goings, especially if the player’s are staying there as well. Great for the morning as well, prior to the chosen watering hole depending on which side of the ground we’re allocated.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Nero said:

Cost? Last couple of times I've had a weekend in London with the family I've actually stayed at the Premier Inn right next to the tube station at Wembley Park. Only a short tube ride from the centre and way, way cheaper than staying in Central London. Plus you get to see Wembley Stadium which is always a thrill even when there's nothing on there.

• Like 1

Booked stevenage central premier inn other day. £60 and can cancel and rebook it for later in year... got friends down there so will change it to summer if we dont get to finals. Less than £20 on train return for a family of 4 as well if booked in advance