Behaviour in football

I just thought I'd being it all together in one thread. WTF is going on with peoples behaviour around football at present?

Players kicking cats, getting pissed in Dubai and alleged sexual assaults.

Fans running on to pitches and hitting players (Leicester, Rotherham)

Racist chants (MK Dons, Bolton v Morecombe)

Is it because people have been locked up for 2 years nearly, or is something more sinister creeping into football society? 

I think it's two fold, and this is purely my opinion obviously..

Players -  More ways for them to be 'caught in the act'  and exposed with camera phones and instant uploads to social media before anyone can stop it.  Maybe back in the day a photographer needed to be around, then the photos had to pass a newspaper editor before an expose was published. Perhaps poor behaviour by footballers has always been a thing, but it was easier to hush up and pay off any accuser or victim. 

Fans -   Well, I reckon it's a combination of seeing a lack of morals and common decency from the people running the country. If they can do what they want, why can't Joe public? We are in unprecedented times as far as poor leadership and behaviour is concerned..we have a racist, homophobic , corrupt bigot leading the country. It doesn't set a good example. Also, over the last two years we have seen ' rebellion' from ordinary people who we wouldn't have expected to defy what we have taken from granted as decent behaviour towards others. Having got a taste of that, I think more and more people have adopted a ' I'll do what I want, nobody tells me what to do ' attitude, which I think is what we are seeing with fan behaviour. Always wanted to run on a pitch and smack a player?  no better time to do it. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60300610

This article states events such as the lone pitch invader. Doesn't this not happen each year? It was only a few years ago a lone numpty smached Grealish. 

Drug taking in toilets according to reports of one game Millwall v Palace. Drug taking in toilets isn't a new thing, you see it all the time and you see it at gigs, nightclubs etc. It isn't some kind of new phenomena. 

If you look at the data arrests and banning orders were due to spike after being very low over the last decade. It's likely there's been an increase in police action leading to arrests that can account for this. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60300610

This article states events such as the lone pitch invader. Doesn't this not happen each year? It was only a few years ago a lone numpty smached Grealish. 

Drug taking in toilets according to reports of one game Millwall v Palace. Drug taking in toilets isn't a new thing, you see it all the time and you see it at gigs, nightclubs etc. It isn't some kind of new phenomena. 

If you look at the data arrests and banning orders were due to spike after being very low over the last decade. It's likely there's been an increase in police action leading to arrests that can account for this. 

Absolutely prolific at the races, leading to some shocking behaviour..always a brawl with the coke and prosecco lot. 

I think in the recent football hall of shame you can add the Raith Rovers/ David Goodwillie episode. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, danblakemore said:

I just thought I'd being it all together in one thread. WTF is going on with peoples behaviour around football at present?

Players kicking cats, getting pissed in Dubai and alleged sexual assaults.

Fans running on to pitches and hitting players (Leicester, Rotherham)

Racist chants (MK Dons, Bolton v Morecombe)

Is it because people have been locked up for 2 years nearly, or is something more sinister creeping into football society? 

its not just football its society in general, the world has gone mad

I think it's a lot of people letting off steam after being locked down for months. 

Too much drink before games as always contributed but lately they seems to be a lot more fans taking drugs, I've seen it for myself at some recent away games. 

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

I think it's a lot of people letting off steam after being locked down for months. 

Too much drink before games as always contributed but lately they seems to be a lot more fans taking drugs, I've seen it for myself at some recent away games. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

Lots of coked up idiots.  Very clear to see espec in away end .

i don’t touch drugs but I can only assume there is increased supply / lowered price in the country currently as the rise in coked up behaviour is very noticeable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1