New Keeper idea - Christy Pym?

Just now, MallorcaOwl said:

BPF is a decent keeper at the level we are at, ie L1 (not Prem)

Yes I agree

Just needs to stop lobbing them in his own net for the rest of the season

But, if we have a chance to pick up a course and distance keeper that we actually own...I would do it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It's clear that Wildsmith is bobbar

Dawson is doing great in a league lower but turns into a nervous wreck playing for us and makes too many errors.

Communication and organization a big issue for both of them.

BPF has made a season's worth of mistakes already but is easily the best of the 3 based on all round ability. Problem is he's not even ours.

If possible I'd look at sending BPF back in January and signing Christy Pym from Peterborough - proven at this level, promoted out of it, 31 clean sheets in 78 League One games

Frozen out at PUFC for chucking a boot at Ferguson, so available for transfer...must be a deal to be done. 

26 years old

If it can't be done then we have to leave Dawson at Exeter to get the experience he needs and continue with BPF

Have you ever seen a player leave Peterborough for less than a few million, they are masters at getting big fees for average players.

Jack Marriott, George Boyd for starters.

If we have BPF, I would keep him with a settled defence in front of him he would gets us more points than he give away.

but if you want a new keeper I hear there is a former Republic of Ireland international who is looking for a club, currently training with Crewe.😁😁😁

Also Felix Wielward former of Leeds and Werder Bremen or Lee Camp over 500 games at Championship level. We missed out on Frank Fielding though as he has sign for a championship team.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Have you ever seen a player leave Peterborough for less than a few million, they are masters at getting big fees for average players.

Jack Marriott, George Boyd for starters.

If we have BPF, I would keep him with a settled defence in front of him he would gets us more points than he give away.

but if you want a new keeper I hear there is a former Republic of Ireland international who is looking for a club, currently training with Crewe.😁😁😁

Also Felix Wielward former of Leeds and Werder Bremen or Lee Camp over 500 games at Championship level. We missed out on Frank Fielding though as he has sign for a championship team.

They're not playing him and they're not going to play him.

The only way he gets another shot is if Ferguson leaves and he's just signed a new deal.

I wouldn't be quaking in my boots going into that conversation with Peterborough - either they want him gone and someone takes him at a good price or they keep paying him until summer 2024

• Like 2