Here is how Darren Moore saw todays result

3 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

By all means people should feel free to criticise Moore over team selections and tactics.

Think it's a cheap shot to have a go at him over how articulate he is.

Many good managers like big Jack weren't the best speakers but didn't do too bad.

Big Jack was so inarticulate he was a regular as a TV pundit. 

Moore is doing his best to speak but effectively say nothing and if you’re not a polished media performer that generally results in the clap trap he’s currently spouting.

I don’t know whose fault it is - the players or Moore - but I’m sick of not enjoying games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Moore is doing his best to speak but effectively say nothing and if you’re not a polished media performer that generally results in the clap trap he’s currently spouting.

I don’t know whose fault it is - the players or Moore - but I’m sick of not enjoying games. 

I think you have missed the point I was making. '

Have another read at what I put.

3 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

I think you have missed the point I was making. '

Have another read at what I put.

You said Jack wasn’t very articulate and that it was unfair to have a go at Moore for being inarticulate. 

I said Jack was articulate, Moore isn’t but I just want exciting football. 

5 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Probably a combination of both, but when picking 5 at the back at home, playing a wide midfielder at CB and changing formation and players most games, if it is not working - and it clearly isn't - the responsibility is on the manager. 

Cloughie was a bit of a tw@t when speaking to the press...

When he was cornered he'd just say..

Young man..I'm the manager of a football team...and I know best....while you just write about things you know nothing about.

Next question...

Moore ought to try it...

(Don't mean being a reporter 😉)

• Like 1

I think it’s ok to point out that he’s inarticulate, because that is a fact and it certainly must have a bearing on his effectiveness as a manager. Tactics discussions, team motivation etc. Some of the names he’s been called aren’t fair though. The Charlton slip is very unfortunate and the sort of thing that happens when you are under pressure. Knowing footballers though, some of em will be taking the p1ss constantly behind his back. 

Sorry Darren, you’re a really nice chap but I don’t think football management is for you. Certainly not at a club this size any way. I do think DC should put him and us out of our misery now and get somebody in who can get some decent football out of what is a decent squad for this league. 

• Like 1

Tedious predictable performances followed by tedious predictable interviews. After being excited when he was appointed and excited about the summer recruitment, a third of the way into the season, it's disappointing and concerning to see little difference to the last few seasons. Week in week out seeing dull inept performances, sideways and backwards passes, an lack of goal threat and inevitable conceding of late goals. I'd love for Darren Moore to succeed but it's sadly looking like he's out of his depth, and we're crying out for an more attack minded exciting manager like Ryan Lowe or Paul Warne.

As 1 fella was saying, see playing out from the back not working. New team should go back to basics and go 4-4-2 then teak the system. Its hard trying to get things right. Dm will come good, alot of good managers about and don't get time or the players don't work with them. As  1 person was saying when attacking the pass back to there cb alot of the time, dam that full steam ahead.