2011/12 2021/22 comparison chart & Graph

The teams filling the top 6 places will get more points totals this season than usual.

Let's get to 80 points first which should ensure the play offs. So that's another 19 points. W5 D4 L3, which should be achievable provided the losses aren't  to Wycombe and MK.

Wigan only need slightly better than average form and win 6/7 of their remaining 13 games to get 90-92 points, which should be enough. Their form would have to fall of a cliff to fail now and I can't see it happening .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hopevalleyowl said:

We would end up with 97 if we won the remaining 12 games (12x3 = 36 + current points 61 = 97)

If you look at the date of my post that stated that we could get 100 points I think that you will find that I was correct at the time. Since that post we lost to Rotherham.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mark1948 said:

If you look at the date of my post that stated that we could get 100 points I think that you will find that I was correct at the time. Since that post we lost to Rotherham.

yep I realised that as soon as I posted!

I'm going to go with 90 points, lose at either MK Dons or Wycombe and draw a couple of other ones. Win 9, draw 2 and lose 1.

Finish 3rd and end up about 5 points off the automatic places.

1 hour ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I'm going to go with 90 points, lose at either MK Dons or Wycombe and draw a couple of other ones. Win 9, draw 2 and lose 1.

Finish 3rd and end up about 5 points off the automatic places.

I'll be absolutely delighted and amazed if we win 9 out of the last 12, can't see it happening myself 

17 hours ago, Watto said:

I'll be absolutely delighted and amazed if we win 9 out of the last 12, can't see it happening myself 

I’ll be extremely disappointed if we only win another 9 games this season.

• Haha 1

On 02/03/2022 at 10:53, mark1948 said:

317119811_2122game34.jpg.e87327fd67066ac3252b87202c2619a1.jpg

image.thumb.png.81ef201e43c505044ee8c3e241be17b8.png

At last we have caught up with 2011/12 points tally although we stand 5th in the table today compared to 3rd in 2012. In case you are not aware the 34th game of the 2011/12 season was Dave Jones's first match after the sacking of the ginger one.

Being a pedant, I'm sure he wasn't in charge for the Rochdale game. The assistant (forget his name) took charge with Jones in charge. Awful game finishing 0-0 and the assistant came over to us celebrating and I wondered what the hell he was celebrating. Had no idea what was about to happen but my God it was good! Funny thing is we could match the results of that season and could still finish outside the top 2.