PODCAST: Would you have Atdhe back in League One?

Guest Willow Owl

Absolutely no way whatsoever. The fact he didn’t manage a goal in the Cypriot tells you all you need to know. He  struggled to turn on a car park and couldn’t hit a bulls arris with a banjo. How far have we sunk when fans are saying yes to having him back. 
Move on FFS

13 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Absolutely no way whatsoever. The fact he didn’t manage a goal in the Cypriot tells you all you need to know. He  struggled to turn on a car park and couldn’t hit a bulls arris with a banjo. How far have we sunk when fans are saying yes to having him back. 
Move on FFS

Adthe Nuhiu

Nuhiu became only the 35th player in the club’s history to have reached a half century of goals for Wednesday, and was the first player since Marcus Tudgay in August 2010 to reach 50 goals in Wednesday colours.

Started only 137 times for us
Scored 50 goals with ease and style

Got rid of him
Got relegated

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

He held up play, is better in the air and brought other players into play better than anyone we’ve got right now, and anyone we’re likely to sign 

He certainly did hold up play.  Slow and immobile.   To be honest he was useless in the air for such a big fella.

I want a striker to actually score goals.  I couldn’t care less if they didn’t do anything else other than score.  Goals win games.

Big Dave is one of the most divisive players we’ve had in recent times.  Personally I just don’t get the love in with him.

• Like 1

Just now, Marro said:

I want a striker to actually score goals.  

Nuhiu became only the 35th player in the club’s history to have reached a half century of goals for Wednesday, and was the first player since Marcus Tudgay in August 2010 to reach 50 goals in Wednesday colours.

Got rid of him
Got relegated

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Got rid of him
Got relegated

I am not arguing with the games played and number of goals scored.  Would be interesting to see a breakdown of the competition and teams he scored against.  He was rubbish in my view but people portray him as a saint amongst footballers!

I’m not having it that we would have stayed up had we kept him.  That’s complete tosh!   Why can’t people look to the future and new beginnings?

Just now, Marro said:

I am not arguing with the games played and number of goals scored.   

8 minutes ago, Marro said:

I want a striker to actually score goals.  I couldn’t care less if they didn’t do anything else other than score.  Goals win games.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Adthe Nuhiu

Got rid of him
Got relegated

Manipulating stats to suit your argument. How many goals did he score from starts? Certainly not 50, certainly wasn’t more than 1 than 3 

He was here seven years, and as a striker was bound to get to 50 goals at some stage.

How can someone who didn’t score a goal in Cyprus have saved us from relegation. 

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Manipulating stats to suit your argument. How many goals did he score from starts? Certainly not 50, certainly wasn’t more than 1 than 3 

He was here seven years, and as a striker was bound to get to 50 goals at some stage.

How can someone who didn’t score a goal in Cyprus have saved us from relegation. 

Nuhiu became only the 35th player in the club’s history to have reached a half century of goals for Wednesday, and was the first player since Marcus Tudgay in August 2010 to reach 50 goals in Wednesday colours.

Got rid of him
Got relegated

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Nuhiu became only the 35th player in the club’s history to have reached a half century of goals for Wednesday, and was the first player since Marcus Tudgay in August 2010 to reach 50 goals in Wednesday colours.

Got rid of him
Got relegated

???

28 minutes ago, Marro said:

I am not arguing with the games played and number of goals scored.  Would be interesting to see a breakdown of the competition and teams he scored against.  He was rubbish in my view but people portray him as a saint amongst footballers!

I’m not having it that we would have stayed up had we kept him.  That’s complete tosh!   Why can’t people look to the future and new beginnings?

Can’t recall any other strikers in last few years rifling in one against Man City. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Got rid of him
Got relegated

Sorry Neil but I am not having a bar of it.  Stats and damned lies etc.  He was averaging 7 goals a season.  Hardly prolific or decent.

• Love 1

When people questioned his involvement when we had ambitions to challenge for the Premier League, fair enough, there's a debate to be had there.

But anyone who even has to think for a second whether we'd take him back now must not be witnessing the same reality as me. There's no debate that he'd improve the side, even if he only came on for the last 10 minutes every few games he'd be worth having around for the impact he makes from the bench.

There's no surprise we failed to come from behind in a single game last season. I highly doubt we'd even be in League One if he was still in the squad, and I don't think that's a very controversial opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan™ said:

When people questioned his involvement when we had ambitions to challenge for the Premier League, fair enough, there's a debate to be had there.

But anyone who even has to think for a second whether we'd take him back now must not be witnessing the same reality as me. There's no debate that he'd improve the side, even if he only came on for the last 10 minutes every few games he'd be worth having around for the impact he makes from the bench.

There's no surprise we failed to come from behind in a single game last season. I highly doubt we'd even be in League One if he was still in the squad, and I don't think that's a very controversial opinion.

If he had such a poor season in Cyprus what is there to justify he would perform well in League 1?  Come on!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marro said:

If he had such a poor season in Cyprus what is there to justify he would perform well in League 1?  Come on!

I didn't watch him in Cyprus so I have no idea what happened over there. I've watched him in the English Championship though, and he'd improve us in the English Championship.

I mean, it's not like we have to worry about him having lost his pace since he was here lol