Harry Kane

10 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I said it before the Euro's that Southgate should have done everything in his power to convince Vardy to come out of international retirement. I would rather have him upfront than DCL

Kane must start as given a chance he will score. How many opportunities has he had? We've been so defensive that we've almost neglected attacking. Southgate is to blame and needs to change his tactics. All that attacking talent at his disposal and we couldn't break down an awful Scotland side

Vardy been rubbish this last half season, I don't think he would do anything others can't 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markg said:

Holland v England euro 96 rerun is on itv2 now.

worth a watch to see Shearers display. People who have t seen him might be surprised to see how good he was at coming deep and setting up chances too 

True, but he then immediately made a run into the area, either dashing in front of, or pulling behind his marker.

Totally focused on scoring. As I would want my number 9 to be.

Edited by Ever the pessimist

38 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

True, but he then immediately made a run into the area, either dashing in front of, or pulling behind his marker.

Totally focused on scoring. As I would want my number 9 to be.

Yep, that’s true. I’m a bit biased cos Shearer is my all time favourite player but he was so good at international level. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Harry Kane

57 games 34 goals

Alan Shearer 

63 games 30 goals

Doubt Kane will retire from England at 29 too 

I see the stats but for some reason I’d still take Shearer over him every time, especially in tournaments. 

It sounds daft when you see the stats of course. But I’ve seen the two of them and I’d still go for Shearer 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markg said:

I see the stats but for some reason I’d still take Shearer over him every time, especially in tournaments. 

It sounds daft when you see the stats of course. But I’ve seen the two of them and I’d still go for Shearer 

Shearer used to have long spells without scoring

I think we look back with rose coloured specs

I was thinking what such a good player Tudgay was recently 

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Shearer used to have long spells without scoring

I think we look back with rose coloured specs

I was thinking what such a good player Tudgay was recently 

Shearer was a world class striker. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Too early to do a Kane v Shearer comparison.

However, Kane needs to get a move on.

What do you mean?

Kane 401 games 237 goals

Shearer 734 games 379 goals

So Kane well on course to eclipse shearers goal tally 

Premier League.

Shearer 260

Kane 166

Kane has played in a better team than Shearer had.

Please don't think I'm knocking Kane, I'm not, it'll probably do him the world of good to get out of Spurs.

If he goes to City, he will beat Shearer's PL and overall record I believe.

He needs to move, as in and quick. He could become an all time PL and England scorer if his next move is the right one.

17 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Harry Kane is 

Both are. 

For what it is worth, Shearer reckons Kane will beat his record, especially if he gets a big move out of Spurs. 

Kane needs to start winning things though. Shearer didn't win all he should have done, but he still has that Premier League title to his name. 

2 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Premier League.

Shearer 260

Kane 166

Kane has played in a better team than Shearer had.

Please don't think I'm knocking Kane, I'm not, it'll probably do him the world of good to get out of Spurs.

If he goes to City, he will beat Shearer's PL and overall record I believe.

He needs to move, as in and quick. He could become an all time PL and England scorer if his next move is the right one.

Shearer played in better teams than Kane, that Blackburn side were more successful than anything Kane has played with. Newcastle has plenty of good finishes too. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Both are. 

For what it is worth, Shearer reckons Kane will beat his record, especially if he gets a big move out of Spurs. 

Kane needs to start winning things though. Shearer didn't win all he should have done, but he still has that Premier League title to his name. 

Both spending too long at their favourite clubs, they're just doing it the opposite way around 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Shearer played in better teams than Kane, that Blackburn side were more successful than anything Kane has played with. Newcastle has plenty of good finishes too. 

Blackburn had one good season.

Neither Blackburn or Newcastle are in the same quadrant as Spurs. Had Shearer gone to Man U rather than Newcastle when they wanted him, his record would never have been eclipsed.

That said, Kane needs to move.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

That's not true. 

The Spurs team that Kane played in is superior to any Newcastle side that Shearer featured in, even the ones under Robson which were decent. 

Harder to compare that early to mid 90s Blackburn team; that was a bit of a throwback really. 

• Like 2