Harry Kane

34 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Citeh have offered £100 million for him apparently, take it or leave it offer.

Pep must be losing his marbles.

I wouldnt pay 100 million for him, even based on his club form 

Edited by markg

22 hours ago, Bannofan said:

When you are assessing how Kane played in the World Cup, no penalties don't count do they? What if someone else was on penalties? 

Rooney,  like Kane, was a fabulous Premier League player, but having seen his whole career, I can only think of his intial burst in his first Euro tournament when he played well for England when it mattered.

England being poor never stopped Lineker,  Shearer and Owen scoring vital tournament goals in the knockout stages or key group games. 

I can kind of see what you're saying but not sure he had a poor tournament. Maybe one or two games he could have done better but that doesn't mean he had a poor tournament. Also Lukaku scored 4 against Tunisia and Panama too and would have had more if taking pens but he didn't take them and didn't score against anyone else. Wouldn't say he had a poor tournament though.

Your comparison of Linekar, Shearer and Owen. I know Linekar and Shearer have golden boots in a tournament, but in the others, Linekar scored 2 pens in his 4 of the 1990 world cup, does that make that a bad tournament for him? Shearer got 2 goals (1 pen) in both 98 and 2000. And Owen never scored more than 2 goals in a tournament.

22 hours ago, RockieOwl said:

I can kind of see what you're saying but not sure he had a poor tournament. Maybe one or two games he could have done better but that doesn't mean he had a poor tournament. Also Lukaku scored 4 against Tunisia and Panama too and would have had more if taking pens but he didn't take them and didn't score against anyone else. Wouldn't say he had a poor tournament though.

Your comparison of Linekar, Shearer and Owen. I know Linekar and Shearer have golden boots in a tournament, but in the others, Linekar scored 2 pens in his 4 of the 1990 world cup, does that make that a bad tournament for him? Shearer got 2 goals (1 pen) in both 98 and 2000. And Owen never scored more than 2 goals in a tournament.

My point really is that they have scored crucial goals in the knockout stages ..they aren't just flat track bullies. 

Kane is yet to show he can do it at the business end of a tournament.  

On 20/06/2021 at 19:08, Dronfield Blue said:

It's a bizarre valuation considering there won't be any sell on value. 

£100 million for Haaland I could understand,  but not for Kane. 

Just now, Bannofan said:

It's a bizarre valuation considering there won't be any sell on value. 

£100 million for Haaland I could understand,  but not for Kane. 

Agreed.

Haaland should be City's target. It might well be, Kane is just a smokescreen.

Kane would be better suited to Manure.

9 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Agreed.

Haaland should be City's target. It might well be, Kane is just a smokescreen.

Kane would be better suited to Manure.

I don’t think Kane’s quick enough or technical enough for a team like city. You’re right, United would suit him better 

Kane will go down as one of the best ever English centre forwards.

He's an absolutely astonishing player - no surprise whatsoever what City are offering for him. As and when Levy rejects that bid, they'll probably up it and that'll be no surprise either.

He's had two poor games this tournament, but everyone's been poor.

No way on earth should he be dropped.

On 20/06/2021 at 19:08, Dronfield Blue said:

Why?

His record for Spurs in the Premier League is top class and City will create more chances for him than Spurs. 

10 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

.... because Haaland is a younger, fitter, and a more talented buy for around the same money.

Unproven in the Premier League. Man City are looking at Kane leading the line for 3 or 4 years, they aren't phased by age and sell on clauses. 

5 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

It would seem Barca and Real are happy to take that risk.

Haaland for me all day long.

In what way? I'd be surprised if either have the funds to get Haaland this summer.