Harry Kane

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Unproven in the Premier League. Man City are looking at Kane leading the line for 3 or 4 years, they aren't phased by age and sell on clauses. 

Possibly.

I wouldn't be disappointed if Kane arrived to be honest.

I have a soft spot for City.

😍

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Possibly.

I wouldn't be disappointed if Kane arrived to be honest.

I have a soft spot for City.

😍

From the manager losing his marbles to a not disappointing signing within a couple of days.

Typical Owlstalk!

lol

7 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

It would seem Barca and Real are happy to take that risk.

Haaland for me all day long.

I’d argue Kane has at least another 4-5 years at the top level, with the way modern day pros look after themselves 

Haaland is an unknown quantity, and although he’s a talent there’s no saying how he will develop over the years to come 

I can see the argument for both but it’s Kane for me 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

From the manager losing his marbles to a not disappointing signing within a couple of days.

Typical Owlstalk!

lol

It's not meant to be serious.

Haaland would be my first choice, Kane second.

I'm not saying Kane is a bad player, far from it.

5 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

It's not meant to be serious.

Haaland would be my first choice, Kane second.

I'm not saying Kane is a bad player, far from it.

Given that you agreed with a poster saying £100M is a bizarre valuation for one of the most consistent strikers in European club football, what would you expect him to go for in todays market? 

8 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I don't know, can't be much in it.

The one good thing is, if Pep went for Kane, you have most of the England forward line playing together every week.

I'm sure Southgate could f00k that up though.

"Just do what Pep told you to do"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Given that you agreed with a poster saying £100M is a bizarre valuation for one of the most consistent strikers in European club football, what would you expect him to go for in todays market? 

Allegedly City have offered £100M, Levy values him at £150M.

Probably around £125/130M

Crazy money, but the going rate.

12 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I know you haven't asked me, but I would say

£60 million Kane

€100 million Haaland.

Age has something to do with it for me. In four years time Kane at 30 might walk away for free or near enough,  Haaland could be worth £150 million.

I think they are both established as top club 'Number 9's' in Europe,  along with Lewandowski and Lukaku .

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

£60 million Kane

€100 million Haaland.

Age has something to do with it for me. In four years time Kane at 30 might walk away for free or near enough,  Haaland could be worth £150 million.

I think they are both established as top club 'Number 9's' in Europe,  along with Lewandowski and Lukaku .

I wouldn’t put Lukaku in that tier because he did struggle in England and Italy is a worser league-Forestieri played regularly in it last season

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I wouldn’t put Lukaku in that tier because he did struggle in England and Italy is a worser league-Forestieri played regularly in it last season

It's also often a tough league for strikers to bag loads of goals due to the often defensive nature of it.

I'm not sure Nando started all that many for Udinese. In any event, he bagged one goal according to Wiki.

No chance Kane is worth only 60 million in the transfer market.

21 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I still think it's harder to score goals in Italy than in England. Strikers in England get so many chances. So many dull high scoring games in England.

14 minutes ago, markg said:

I still think it's harder to score goals in Italy than in England. Strikers in England get so many chances. So many dull high scoring games in England.

Well evidently not as Lukakus strike rate is much higher in serie a 

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's also often a tough league for strikers to bag loads of goals due to the often defensive nature of it.

I'm not sure Nando started all that many for Udinese. In any event, he bagged one goal according to Wiki.

No chance Kane is worth only 60 million in the transfer market.

I’m surprised he made as many appearances as he did even if it’s just coming on for 5

24 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Well evidently not as Lukakus strike rate is much higher in serie a 

I’m surprised he made as many appearances as he did even if it’s just coming on for 5

Lukaku has done well there but he also did well at Everton too. Many strikers look better here than they do in italy. Look at Salah. Did well in Italy but nowhere near as well as he has done here.

the state of the defending in England is embarrassing. 

32 minutes ago, markg said:

Lukaku has done well there but he also did well at Everton too. Many strikers look better here than they do in italy. Look at Salah. Did well in Italy but nowhere near as well as he has done here.

the state of the defending in England is embarrassing. 

Yeh he did well at Everton and not well enough at Man Utd, therefore I don’t think he would be in same tier as the other’s mentioned.

I don’t think the defending in England is particularly embarrassing, there are some great defenders here. Top scorers in Italy scored more than those in England this last season. Old Ronaldo still out scoring Lukaku

12 hours ago, Bannofan said:

£60 million Kane

€100 million Haaland.

£60M in a market where Harry Maguire moves for £80M, Ousmane Dembele £115M.

Higuain cost about £80M when he was 28. 

Haaland's age and potential for a sell on fee does add more to his worth but City don't really care about that. 

I said it before the Euro's that Southgate should have done everything in his power to convince Vardy to come out of international retirement. I would rather have him upfront than DCL

Kane must start as given a chance he will score. How many opportunities has he had? We've been so defensive that we've almost neglected attacking. Southgate is to blame and needs to change his tactics. All that attacking talent at his disposal and we couldn't break down an awful Scotland side