Harry Kane

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

That's not true. 

The Spurs team that Kane played in is superior to any Newcastle side that Shearer featured in, even the ones under Robson which were decent. 

Harder to compare that early to mid 90s Blackburn team; that was a bit of a throwback really. 

Blackburn won title and he had a few 2nd places with Blackburn and Newcastle 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I mean, with the greatest of respect, I'm not sure anyone is going to have

Wilcox Sherwood Batty Ripley 

In their greatest Premier League midfields of all time. 

You cant compare like that at all because it’s relative to the other teams. You can only go by how the performed at the time. 

Edited by Ellis Rimmer
  • Like 1

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

You cant compare like that at all because it’s relative to the other teams. You can only go by how the performed at the time. 

You just did the same thing a post ago. 

Guest Hornsby

Kane's England struggles highlight what a brilliant player Son is.

Can't believe he's not top of top teams lists.

30 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yes but he had actual title win with Blackburn and title challenges

So deliberately obtuse.

Shearer would have scored similar levels of goals to Kane in that Spurs team, end of story.

Anyone who tries to diminish Shearer as a player is nothing short of clueless.

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So deliberately obtuse.

Shearer would have scored similar levels of goals to Kane in that Spurs team, end of story.

Anyone who tries to diminish Shearer as a player is nothing short of clueless.

Why would he score more goals in that Spurs team? I don’t get your logic. 

I do think Kane benefits from playing in a modern area where you’re afforded more space, less pressure from defenders etc in case they give away a foul. Shearer wasn’t 

I don’t think Kane is anywhere near an Ibrahimovic or a Cavani in terms of all round play. Compare his positional play to those two, it’s miles apart 

I know his goals record is good, but I’m still yet to see the rest of Kane’s game which makes him ‘world class’

Could be wrong but it’s an opinion I’ve always had 

31 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I do think Kane benefits from playing in a modern area where you’re afforded more space, less pressure from defenders etc in case they give away a foul. Shearer wasn’t 

I don’t think Kane is anywhere near an Ibrahimovic or a Cavani in terms of all round play. Compare his positional play to those two, it’s miles apart 

I know his goals record is good, but I’m still yet to see the rest of Kane’s game which makes him ‘world class’

Could be wrong but it’s an opinion I’ve always had 

Kane literally drops deep and plays a number 10 role for Spurs and England.

His link up play and passing is excellent.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Similar.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I mean it gets to the point where someone is so deliberately trying to get into an argument that they deliberately misread what has been put.

If you want to debate about football I will do but stop insisting I am trying to cause an argument. Shearer played in better sides relative to the era 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If you want to debate about football I will do but stop insisting I am trying to cause an argument. Shearer played in better sides relative to the era 

Alan Shearer would score goals in any era, as he was a world class striker and one, if not, the greatest PL striker of all time.

It really isn't that difficult to process. Equally Harry Kane is a terrific player and would have posted similar numbers to Shearer in those Blackburn and Newcastle United teams.

You've tried to make out that Shearer was playing in Peps Barca team whilst Kane has played in much lesser teams. Spurs may have not won anything, but for a five year period under Poch they were an excellent side.

Just now, SiJ said:

Alan Shearer would score goals in any era, as he was a world class striker and one, if not, the greatest PL striker of all time.

It really isn't that difficult to process. Equally Harry Kane is a terrific player and would have posted similar numbers to Shearer in those Blackburn and Newcastle United teams.

You've tried to make out that Shearer was playing in Peps Barca team whilst Kane has played in much lesser teams. Spurs may have not won anything, but for a five year period under Poch they were an excellent side.

No the argument presented was that shearers scoring rate was less than Kane because he was in worse sides but I pointed out he played in a title winning side and sides that had a few 2nd place finishes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No the argument presented was that shearers scoring rate was less than Kane because he was in worse sides but I pointed out he played in a title winning side and sides that had a few 2nd place finishes

And it was then pointed out to you that the Spurs team is comparable to those teams.