Richard Cresswell

8 hours ago, Dooogs said:

Yep - strategically, it wasn't a bad idea at all but I think Billington and McKeever both got wiped out with injuries before they were 20. Slightly different circumstances and they could have been the standard of Etherington and Simon Davies: Peterborough were a talent factory at the time (although the less said about Kit Carson, the better).

It's a bit late now but I would have been fascinated by an in-depth look at our training methods and staff between about 1998 and 2001: was it sheer bad luck, poor scouting or post-signing incompetence that meant we kept breaking players?

Well we all know about the "curse".

Even back then.  Players like Hinchcliffe arrived with immediate fitness records at previous clubs and ended up long term injured. The rest is history. 

On 16/06/2021 at 22:29, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I'm related to Cresswell.

He is a very distant relation but he is one none the less.

I disowned him when he signed for the unclean though.

He’s also a distant relative of mine...

On 17/06/2021 at 09:59, paulrs said:

My main memory of Cresswell is when me and my then girlfriend were on a day out one summer in York we had to take cover in a bus shelter to escape a biblical hailstorm,  and Cresswell and his missus were trapped in there with us. 

I’ve dined out on that anecdote for years.

I once said hello to Lee Briscoe in a pub, when he was dating a girl at school's sister. Nobody has ever offered to buy me dinner on the strength of that though.

Feel like I must have been underplaying it all these years.

I'm free on Friday

• Haha 1