Euro 2021

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Sam Matterface is a f*cking dreadful commentator btw. 

Can't like this post enough, reyt annoying, used to wind me up when he was on the radio, couldn't believe it when ITV took him on.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Can't like this post enough, reyt annoying, used to wind me up when he was on the radio, couldn't believe it when ITV took him on.

It's Partridge, but not funny. 

Really bad. 

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Can't bring myself to listen to that, contemplating pressing mute on the box. Would listen to 5 live commentary and watch the game if the pictures weren't so far behind the radio commentary.  

Can't bring myself to listen to that, contemplating pressing mute on the box. Would listen to 5 live commentary and watch the game if the pictures weren't so far behind the radio commentary.  

Him and Dixon are now their main commentating duo. 

Appreciate Clive Tyldesley isn't everyone's cup of team, but him and McCoist are so, so much better. 

Yeh I don't know why they don't sync 5live with the tv better. If you like 5live and watch on computer it's synced up nicely for the BBC games. To be fair Tylesley was terrible too so replaced bad for bad 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Him and Dixon are now their main commentating duo. 

Appreciate Clive Tyldesley isn't everyone's cup of team, but him and McCoist are so, so much better. 

McCoist is very underrated I think, knows his stuff and super quick witted

Just then you have Twatterface going on about how Ronaldo has a freekick and how he usually converts them. 

image.png.e94e94767ed0dca244c4b0726696bc1d.png

Anyone who actually watches football knows that Ronaldo usually blazes them into the stands. It's just when he does score one, it's normally spectacular and memorable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh I don't know why they don't sync 5live with the tv better. If you like 5live and watch on computer it's synced up nicely for the BBC games. To be fair Tylesley was terrible too so replaced bad for bad 

I think TV commentary does generally take a certain type of character that can come across as a bit annoying to say the least. Even the lovable Motson got a bit tedious in his final few years and Martin Tyler has grown to very much like the sound of his own voice.  

Portugal's positive goal difference going down the toilet here. Bit of pressure on them against France as things stand. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I think TV commentary does generally take a certain type of character that can come across as a bit annoying to say the least. Even the lovable Motson got a bit tedious in his final few years and Martin Tyler has grown to very much like the sound of his own voice.  

Think it is also a fact that age catches up with you, even with something like commentary. 

As you say: Motson became insufferable in his latter years and Martin Tyler isn't what he once was. 

Think part of Matterface's problem, aside from just being awful, is the fact he used to do commentary on radio and he can't ever shut up. Sometimes you just have to let the match speak for itself.