CC

Guest Therealrealist

On 24/05/2021 at 15:18, JOHNHARKES said:

Never ever understood the hatred towards CC? He had us playing 1st season the best football in like 25 years. And closest we have ever been to the premier league. Convinced be no worse off than we are now if he was still here even though soured season 3. 

he bottled the hull game. and he and Christ only know why we didn't attack huddersfield?

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

he bottled the hull game. and he and Christ only know why we didn't attack huddersfield?

Hull had a far better team than us..agree about the 1st leg udders debacle tho

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

so did brighton n' arsenal.

he froze in the final.

Massive well done to CC then gor beating Brighton over 2 legs if they had a better team than us🏅..as for Arsenal..what an incredible CC inspired night that was🤩..thanks for agreein with me👍

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Hull had a far better team than us..agree about the 1st leg udders debacle tho

with less than 3 minutes to play in the final westwood was rolling it out to the backs, who in turn square passed it to each other as we dragged our way to the half way line.

after 30/40 seconds of the 3 minutes we crossed half way only to be shut down yet again, with our neatly triangular passing game being nulled by hull's better numbers and managerial organisation.

one idea, one idea alone, and done to the death.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Massive well done to CC then gor beating Brighton over 2 legs if they had a better team than us🏅..as for Arsenal..what an incredible CC inspired night that was🤩..thanks for agreein with me👍

when your hero left he'd won NOTHING, the trophy cabinet was a full as the bank balance. 💔

On 24/05/2021 at 15:18, JOHNHARKES said:

Never ever understood the hatred towards CC? He had us playing 1st season the best football in like 25 years. And closest we have ever been to the premier league. Convinced be no worse off than we are now if he was still here even though soured season 3. 

No hate but who can explain the way we played in season 2 and incredible (inexcusable) lack of pre season preparation for season 3 which ultimately got him sacked.

It seemed he lost the plot with signings but it emerges that this probably was very little to do with him. Liked CC but don't understand what happened. 

• Like 1

On 25/05/2021 at 19:35, morganowl said:

if i was going to blow 100-200 million on transfer fees and massive contracts id want somebody experienced to tell be this wont end well if we dont get promotion , do you think wilder would have signed 32 year olds well past it on 3 year deals? he would have told the owner hang on this will end very badly . if a fool like me saw this coming 5 years ago then surely carlos should have said this is a very bad idea.  the club should have got the right man in 2015/16 then surely things wont have ended up so badly , remember he even was getting cooper to be our manager and carlos above him , chansiri even on day 1 had absolutely no idea . look at wolves the way they did it , when they came to our place i thought wow how professional they looked even before the game training/warming up 

carlos couldn't stop dc over his fees and contracts.

he was so grateful to be in employment again, he wouldn't rock the boat.

2 minutes ago, briggowl said:

No hate but who can explain the way we played in season 2 and incredible (inexcusable) lack of pre season preparation for season 3 which ultimately got him sacked.

It seemed he lost the plot with signings but it emerges that this probably was very little to do with him. Liked CC but don't understand what happened. 

as i've just posted he was so relieved to be in a job again, he said "zilch".

salesman of 'the emperor's new clothes' and so many have a suit hung in their wardrobe still.

Guest Therealrealist
18 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

when your hero left he'd won NOTHING, the trophy cabinet was a full as the bank balance. 💔

Haha..tryin to get outa jail with the old 'he spunked all da money' chestnut dosnt wash anymore..as my old english teacher used to say..'must do better' 😉

6 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Haha..tryin to get outa jail with the old 'he spunked all da money' chestnut dosnt wash anymore..as my old english teacher used to say..'must do better' 😉

you're correct, we should have done better when interviewing, someone with his cv would have been a laughing stock at other clubs.

he was so good swansea had him out like a shot.

23 hours ago, dorian gray said:

carlos couldn't stop dc over his fees and contracts.

he was so grateful to be in employment again, he wouldn't rock the boat.

yer true, but anyone who cared like wilder did at the stain would only sign players to benefit the club going forward . 95% of us knew 5 years ago this was a car crash, its upto the people who supposed to be football people to do the right thing .. carlos legacy is this club is in dire straights , yer we know the fool in charge presses the buttons ie chansiri. 

8 minutes ago, morganowl said:

yer true, but anyone who cared like wilder did at the stain would only sign players to benefit the club going forward . 95% of us knew 5 years ago this was a car crash, its upto the people who supposed to be football people to do the right thing .. carlos legacy is this club is in dire straights , yer we know the fool in charge presses the buttons ie chansiri. 

IF there's anything worse than a fool in charge, it's a pair of em.

for me  dc came in with the idea you could buy your way into the premier, a great many of our support championed him for it.

i think he got a serious shock when a club the size of newcastle was relegated.

under gray we needed forwards, under carvalhal we kept gray's defence but rebuilt the rest with expensive at their best (career timewise) players, who we're going downhill in the third season, by the 4th. season they were clearly struggling, by the fifth they were shot.

20 minutes ago, morganowl said:

95% of us didn't know it was a car crash 5 years ago, would be starting the season that we'd finish 4th. in?

we'd just had a no show v hull at wembley, but the majority were over the moon at playing at wembley, and many thought next season was a cert. for us to repeat or better.

however to those itk, we hadn't addressed the teams/squads shortcomings, and wouldn't do either.

9 hours ago, dorian gray said:

95% of us didn't know it was a car crash 5 years ago, would be starting the season that we'd finish 4th. in?

we'd just had a no show v hull at wembley, but the majority were over the moon at playing at wembley, and many thought next season was a cert. for us to repeat or better.

however to those itk, we hadn't addressed the teams/squads shortcomings, and wouldn't do either.

alarm bells for me were when contracts were getting handed out stupidly , glen loovens we all know had constant injuries during his career and nearly always only got 1 year deals ,he was in his 30s and suddenly gets a 3 year deal, its obvious if you run your wage bill upto 42million your in serious long term trouble if you dont achieve promotion , and many of our players were shot getting money here they couldnt dream of elsewhere , david jones was on 30k a week on a 3 year deal no other club were othering anything like that , it became such a farce that on 1 saturday morning he and george boyd had 2 do an hours light jogging while squad were at an away game ,they were getting paid 3million a year between them. all this and many other signings was a huge disaster , thing is i did say this in 2016 to many people. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, morganowl said:

alarm bells for me were when contracts were getting handed out stupidly , glen loovens we all know had constant injuries during his career and nearly always only got 1 year deals ,he was in his 30s and suddenly gets a 3 year deal, its obvious if you run your wage bill upto 42million your in serious long term trouble if you dont achieve promotion , and many of our players were shot getting money here they couldnt dream of elsewhere , david jones was on 30k a week on a 3 year deal no other club were othering anything like that , it became such a farce that on 1 saturday morning he and george boyd had 2 do an hours light jogging while squad were at an away game ,they were getting paid 3million a year between them. all this and many other signings was a huge disaster , thing is i did say this in 2016 to many people. 

uncountably money was (sadly) thrown at the venture, some garbage was brought in on good money, even very good money.

glaring lackings in the squad and team were ignored whilst (what appeared to be) unnecessary signings made.

i have said before, and will say again, i believe dc received some very bad council from some around him who may have profited from working within the club structure, whilst dc has found himself 'tween a rock and a hard place. 

to the best of my knowledge  boyd came early season in 2017 (july/aug.)

but in the 2016/17 season many, in fact very many were still onside with dc (though concerned over the 'correct fitting' signings not being made).

even in the following season some may well have still been onside.