So what if we were on 46 points?

Realistically, little would change. We'd need a draw at least against Derby, or to not get beaten by more than one goal (which would see us survive on goals for, if I'm not mistaken). Rotherham would already be relegated and out of the equation.

Of course, we'd all be happier to be on 46 points, but would you trust our lot to give everything for a draw? Personally, I feel our boys might perform better with the added pressure of needing a win. We have been awful at defending when it matters, so we'd need to be on the front foot anyway. What do you think?

• Haha 1

Actually, forgot that we'd  be on -22 if Derby scored one and they'd be on -21, so a win by a single goal would have sunk us, as it still will now. The appeal and consequent reduction in 6 points could end up being a life saver.

6 hours ago, Owl Stork said:

Realistically, little would change. We'd need a draw at least against Derby, or to not get beaten by more than one goal (which would see us survive on goals for, if I'm not mistaken). Rotherham would already be relegated and out of the equation.

Of course, we'd all be happier to be on 46 points, but would you trust our lot to give everything for a draw? Personally, I feel our boys might perform better with the added pressure of needing a win. We have been awful at defending when it matters, so we'd need to be on the front foot anyway. What do you think?

Of course it would - only needing a draw rather than having to win and also rely on another team not to win makes a huge difference.

We'd still blow it obviously with this set of spineless wasters, but absolutely nobody would genuinely rather be in our current situation than having the extra 6 points.

Edited by alanharper

32 minutes ago, Concrete Owl said:

We’d have more than 46. I know the team isn’t very good but that 12 point deduction was a massive psychological blow. 

This.

Yeah this team aren't great, but in reality they'd be around 18th.

If you think back to the start of the season, we took 8 points from the first 5 games. The momentum from that even with a few bad runs would probably see us safe in a poor league in my opinion. The points deduction has been a millstone around the neck of the players.

7 hours ago, Owl Stork said:

I think I'd be happier to be on 107 points...