Westwood is eyeing up international call up again

Guest Mcguigan

Think international level keepers need more about their game now than they did 10-15 years ago which will go against KW.

Whilst he's still an excellent shot stopper, his distribution is limited to just belting it down the pitch with very little direction or accuracy. Fine for the football we are currently playing but any coach looking at playing a more possession based game and playing out from back, will look past KW.

Even for us, I find myself getting frustrated at the constant punts down the pitch when, on the rare occasion we have better options available, he waves them away and just belts it.

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

Even for us, I find myself getting frustrated at the constant punts down the pitch when, on the rare occasion we have better options available, he waves them away and just belts it.

A few years back we were trying to play it from the back and there was a meltdown!!!!

Guest whowantstoberich
16 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

He does right. What use is the ball in our own half.

Guest Mcguigan
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It usually is about three seconds after his kicks

(or out for a throw in)

That's my point really.

Early in the second half against Millwall, I think it was Hutch who asked for it at his feet as he had options to both sides of him and then we could have played down the wings. 

KW completely ignored him and kicked ball out of hand straight out of play. It didn't show Hutch's reaction but I'm guessing he wouldn't have been best pleased.

Still a good keeper but not international level for me.

Westwood is no doubt under instructions to

go long 

don’t know why some are questioning this as it’s Westwood’s only way of playing 

he’s also pretty decent at going long do again the remarks by some are baffling 

much rather have a keeper that can go long like Westwood than one who just consistently puts it out for a throw 

• Like 1