Weird dream

I’ve just been down at Hillsborough. Started on Sky Sports news a girl was being interviewed. She was meant to be reporting on the game giving updates but she was bored. Chewing gum and on TikTok or something, she said to Jeff that she wasn’t really watching the game because it’s not really her sort of thing. It was gloomy and rainy and then the camera panned back and she was sat in the roof of the South Stand by the Archibald and Leitch gable right by the gold football....

Anyway I got there in a moment and started chatting to her. She meant well and was able to scale pretty much any vertical wall and loved to climb around the rafters of the stadium. She said she often would hang around in the metal beams at the top of the Kop and loved the rusty stanchions on the North Stand roof.

I then left her for a while as she headed for the North Stand. I wandered on to the Kop from the South corner with the freedom to go anywhere I wanted. It was a Summer evening now but twilight and there was still 40 minutes to kick off. There were about 400 QPR fans in the West stand in good voice and a sprinkling of our fans at this end on the Kop. I went across to the upper steep part on the North side of the Kop but there was a castle wall which dropped down and made it difficult to see the goal. 

Meanwhile I was down on the open pitch and walked right to the centre circle no problem....some Reading players were warming up and this guy whipped a cross in and Callum Paterson hammered in a curved header right in to the corner, nearly took me right out. The ball was a rock hard Casey. No idea how he headed it. I trudged back through the ankle deep water in our penalty area, not knowing how they could play in this and headed through the gap between the Kop and the North to find the gents in the new entertainment complex in that corner.

Once in there it was just like a dour old 70s pub with a gents sign. Started to have a ******** when an associate of Alex Ferguson came in and started chatting. It’s great that he’s come to Wednesday we agreed. He’s literally adored in the North West, he’s made so many people millionaires. He’ll get hold of Wednesday he told me. I told him I suspect he won’t.....

By now I was having the worlds longest pee but via the different options in the garden hose, changing from light mist to brick wall....

At this point I realised I wasn’t wearing a mask. Nobody was. Everyone had a mass panic and scarpered out of there...

And that was it. Asteener it’s your fault, must be that bloody missing Hillsborough thread. 

I miss my parents who I’ve not seen since last year, I miss Hillsborough also since last Christmas.  I miss us being there watching whatever comes unfold. And I hope that girl on the North Stand roof doesn’t lose her job at Sky.

God I need to pee.

• Like 1

Sometimes my wife says to me “ I had the strangest dream last night “ and then comes the dreaded description.

Usually, about ten or eleven seconds into the story I either walk out of the room or if we are still in bed I start snoring.

Sure, I get a bolshy reaction but I’d rather suffer that than listen to her fu•kin dream monologue.