Is it wrong to question what's happening at the club?

Guest Grandad

1 hour ago, vulva said:

It is paranoia. Do you honestly think the local media get together and decide to spread bad news about us, and nice fluffy stories about United?

Absolute nonsense and it could just be that the perceived negativity about us is simply a reflection of where we are as a club. We’ve been a shambles for 2 or 3 years in reality. 

The United stories are more positive as they’ve gone from League 1 to the Premier League in 5 years with a brilliant manager and very innovative football. 

Spot on.

What are RS meant to do, ignore it? That's even worse as they'd be complicit.

RS have rightly hammered United over load of things (source of the money, Bin Laden, farce at boardroom level). No doubt United fans were calling in to RS claiming they were dragging their name through the mud too. 

The fact is if our owner was more up front about his manoeuvres it would cause much less alarm, that's not the fault of the media or supporters. 

Edited by Owls2k

Just now, Owls2k said:

Spot on.

What are RS meant to do, ignore it?  

If Radio Sheffield didn't cover it then they'd get hammered for favouring other clubs when it comes to coverage

See how nuts this conspiracy theory is that media is out to get SWFC?

lol

It's hilarious 

And VERY VERY embarrassing to read when people try posting it

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok then

Serious point time mate

Indulge me

Make a list for me and post it below

Make a list of anyone accused of stirring up trouble, causing problems, being anti-swfc, being against Sheffield Wednesday, and generally being one of these people that we're hearing complaints about

Make a list of all of them - post it below - let's see what you come up with and what conclusions we can make

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine that Andy Giddings, Rob Staton, Dom Howson, Keiran Maguire, Gary Lineker, The head of the BBC, Gary Lineker, Paul Walker, Seth Bennett, the editor of the Sheffield Star had all got together to plot to attack SWFC

lol

Imagine actually really truly believing that

I'll start with your previous list:

Seth Bennett - no idea when the last time he commented on SWFC was, strange to refer to him

Gary Lineker - see above anser

Dom Howson - reports on SWFC - good and bad news, generally seems to be more bad news but to me that's just a reflection on where we are at, no issue with this

Paul Walker - Sheffield United fan, no idea when the last time he commented on SWFC was

The Star - real improvement on reporting on SWFC of late, positive and negative news reported as you would expect. I do think the publication reports less negative news on Sheffield United - as has been pointed out, there didn't appear to be much of a deal made out of Utd mortgaging their ground - I think this is more to do with the sycophantic nature of their reporters.

I'll add Maguire as he lost any professional journalistic impartiality with his childish abuse hidden message about Chansiri. 

But yeah, other than that they definitely all meet up in a room regularly to discuss how they can keep a targeted media attack going against us.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

On a serious note - and this is deadly serious - Russia employs thousands of people and uses 'bots' on the internet to create this situation.

They don't care what you get angry about or who gets in power or what's going on - they just want everyone confused and angry

True story

Absolutely. I have business interests in the states and communicate with friends on social media over there. The bots and state actors are reasonably easy to recognise after a bit of practice. They constantly turn every discussion to their main subject. You can talk about walking in the sun and it becomes a discussion about subject X.

There are some Americans who do the same but they are usually thick as a brick and lack the sophistication of the state actors.

When I see some of the posters on here who fixate on a single issue my senses sometimes twitch but I just think they are one dimensional.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'll start with your previous list:

Seth Bennett - no idea when the last time he commented on SWFC was, strange to refer to him

Gary Lineker - see above anser

Dom Howson - reports on SWFC - good and bad news, generally seems to be more bad news but to me that's just a reflection on where we are at, no issue with this

Paul Walker - Sheffield United fan, no idea when the last time he commented on SWFC was

The Star - real improvement on reporting on SWFC of late, positive and negative news reported as you would expect. I do think the publication reports less negative news on Sheffield United - as has been pointed out, there didn't appear to be much of a deal made out of Utd mortgaging their ground - I think this is more to do with the sycophantic nature of their reporters.

I'll add Maguire as he lost any professional journalistic impartiality with his childish abuse hidden message about Chansiri. 

But yeah, other than that they definitely all meet up in a room regularly to discuss how they can keep a targeted media attack going against us.

No come on

I didn't ask for an evaluation of MY list

I asked for a full and comprehensive list of anyone (individual or company/publication) that has been accused of being anti-swfc over the last few years

Owlstalk Shop

"Owlstalk always sticks up for jouno's on the forums"

"Why which journalist do you wish to attack on forums?"

"That Maguire bloke"

"Why what's he done to make you want to attack him here on the forums?"

"Stirring it. Trying to stir up trouble against our club again"

"Oh.. why what's he said?"

"He's stirring it again isnt' he - he's stirring it"

"Ok I hear you but what exactly has he said?"

"It's Maguire. He's always anti-swfc. always stirring it"

"Ok - but WHAT HAS HE SAID??"

"He's all over twitter stirring it right now about some news that's coming or summat"

*Looks on twitter - Maguire's tweeted NOTHING - not ONE tweet*
*Also checks Facebook just in case - Maguire's not made one SINGLE post about anything anywhere*

"So... tell me again exactly why you want to attack this person on this forum?"

"Ah well that's just typical of you. Owlstalk always sticks up for jouno's on the forums"

That's pretty much what's happening right now on here

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Because it's a standard business transaction mate

You shouldn't be 'standing down' 

You should never have stood up in the first place

It's a massive non-issue

TBF to Mr Chansiri,where club sales have been done before,its been to allow an owner to both allegedly stay within the 'rules whilst at the same time,inject additional money into the Club without flouting  any profit & sustainability FFP rules..'fixed assets' can be sold.....The issue arises though when you seperate the Club from its ground.....people ask Q,become uncomfortable..Especially when further financial transactions follow...

Should the Club ownership change in the future it leaves us(the club) in an unenviable position of either buying the ground back(unknown future price) or facing having to move,or pay annual rent....all these things have the potential to bite...

Like all business people Mr Chansiri at some point(like MM) will want a return on his investment.may tire of the time its taking to achieve Premier league status...& want to move on....

These i feel are reasonable reservations...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

TBF to Mr Chansiri,where club sales have been done before,its been to allow an owner to both allegedly stay within the 'rules whilst at the same time,inject additional money into the Club without flouting  any profit & sustainability FFP rules..'fixed assets' can be sold.....The issue arises though when you seperate the Club from its ground.....people ask Q,become uncomfortable..Especially when further financial transactions follow...

Should the Club ownership change in the future it leaves us(the club) in an unenviable position of either buying the ground back(unknown future price) or facing having to move,or pay annual rent....all these things have the potential to bite...

Like all business people Mr Chansiri at some point(like MM) will want a return on his investment.may tire of the time its taking to achieve Premier league status...& want to move on....

These i feel are reasonable reservations...

Let's say the absolute WORST thing happened

Chansiri stopped paying for the stadium/couldn't afford it anymore or summat

The company looking after these loans would repossess the stadium, sell it to a new owner and away we go again - no change

What's the issue?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Kameron

It's not wrong but what can we do about it? Chansiri can run us however he sees fit, we can ***** and moan all we like but the simple fact is there is absolutely nothing we can do to make things better, all we can do is sit back and watch it unfold. 

If this goes pair shaped we aren't going to be saved by local businessmen or fan groups, it will be good night Irene and hello SWFC 2020.

Guest hirstysfags
2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Pay up and shut up - is that how it works?

:ghoulguy:

Generally yes. If the supplier doesn't move with your wishes, spend elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, Kameron said:

If this goes pair shaped we aren't going to be saved by local businessmen or fan groups, it will be good night Irene and hello SWFC 2020.

If it goes pear shaped another Chairman will come in and take over

Just like every other time always ever always

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Kameron
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If it goes pear shaped another Chairman will come in and take over

Just like every other time always ever always

They'll be queuing down Penistone road to take over.

Guest Hornsby
16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's say the absolute WORST thing happened

Chansiri stopped paying for the stadium/couldn't afford it anymore or summat

The company looking after these loans would repossess the stadium, sell it to a new owner and away we go again - no change

What's the issue?

Because that company will also now  have a floating charge over Chansiri, including his club shares.

So that's Administration. It's a vulture fund. They crashed Watford. They could kill us with that scenario.

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Emotional blackmail

A new owner ALWAYS takes over

Unless you have any examples we could see where this didnt' happen?

Bradford Park Avenue.

Guest Kameron
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Emotional blackmail

A new owner ALWAYS takes over

Unless you have any examples we could see where this didnt' happen?

Historically that has been the case, how many will be prepared to take a gamble in the current climate.

26 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Historically that has been the case, 

Which is why nobody should ever post emotional blackmail type posts trying to worry people about what might happen if Chansiri went

Here's what would happen

He would go

A new person would come in

Hope that helps, but more importantly I hope it permanently gives you reason never to post emotional blackmail posts about Chairman going ever again

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

48 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

Generally yes. If the supplier doesn't move with your wishes, spend elsewhere. 

Fans wont go elsewhere, but they might stop going and spend their money on something else. Do you think that makes the clubs stronger?