Is it wrong to question what's happening at the club?

Guest Grandad

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The things that Chairmen say to fans to make them feel better is just fluffy made up nonsense that they don't really believe/mean anyway mate

That may be the case but Milan backed it up with action the only mistake he make was being a friend of the Redknapp. When he got stabbed in the back by his friend he lost his love for football and then could not get out of football quick enough.

Had Milan 20% of what DC has wasted over the last 5 years we would be in the top flight now holding our own instead of looking relegation probably to league one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

If, buts and maybes.......

And nobody has been forced to pay 50% more for tickets, stop making stuff up!

Pre DC it cost me £28 to sit on the south the last game I went to the same seat in the same stand cost me £42 my math has not been as good in lock down but if you take £28 increase it by 50% the figure is £42.

Which is me not making things up.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You make you mind up about a person based on the information available to you.

Milan bought a club that was hours away from going into administration, he provided funds and also leadership and got us first promoted then stabilized us in the league above, he did this by his own business acumen and his experience of working within football.

DC came in the first thing he did was sack the manager, the management team and all of the coaches, he replaced most of the manager within SWFC within 6 months (I know this as I used to deal with the IT manager for quite a few years until he left) and every decision that was made and probably still is has to be signed off by him. You might be able to do this with a one man band company but you cannot do this with a football team. No bills got paid without DC signing the cheques.

We got to the play off and fail to get promotion, but from that point on wards there has been no financial plan in place, managers have come and gone each with a different idea each ultimately failing, as they have not been financially backed because of the club horrendous recruitment in the Carlos era, 4 years later we are still lumbered with players we cannot afford.

In this time fans have been forced to pay 50% more for tickets, many do not know or cannot afford to attend regularly, the merchandise was brought in house to maximise income for the club but all that seems to have happened, is once again the fans pay more for the same product. 

Without going into too much details the difference between Milan and DC because there are so many. One ran the club as a football club that valued the fans and the community as a whole and one runs the club, very very badly where fans are viewed as a source of income nothing more.

If you feel this is me being harsh on DC, he has once again proved this point, with the breaking news that has many owls worried what this means for our club those in charge have made any attempt to put the fans minds at ease. No the stance is simple no comment.

I can guarantee if this was Milan in charge we would have had a chairman statement by now as people worries are heightened with what is happening in the wider world.

A statement about what?

*scene cuts to a darkened room*

*shows a table with a mysterious golden idol in the middle stood tall*

*around the table are people in black hoods -  you can't see their faces*

"right everyone we know what we're here to do" says one voice

"yes almighty one. We're here to stir  up as much trouble as possible for Sheffield Wednesday FC and ONLY Sheffield Wednesday FC"

"that's right my chosen ones - I want you to go out and think up as many anti-SWFC stories as possible"

"We will do that almighty one - we follow you"

"good - now go get them"

*group leaves room and disperses to their offices at Radio Sheffield, The Sheffield Star, The BBC, The university they lecture at, Gary Linekers house and more*

THE PLAN HAS BEEN SET IN MOTION

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Nobody is paying £42 though, nobody.

You are correct just, I paid £41 for my ticket to watch the West Brom game £39 for the ticket and £2 per ticket booking fee, I am a none member because it not worth it for me

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/ticket-details-owls-v-west-brom/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

Over the years this site has provided a brilliant discussion forum with a huge number of fans represented, and topics have ranged wildly from HMRC to Andy Blair's hair

During that time there has also at times been an almost forensic analysis of the club's financial dealings and this has proved hugely important as a means of communicating in layman's terms how financially strong (or weak) the club is at various stages.

We do benefit from the input of numerous well qualified Owlstalkers who can make sense of this.

So when these matters are raised and things don't necessarily look good inevitably other Owlstalkers can get worried, or even angry about that info in the public domain. Or more often than not - angry at the person communicating it. Over the years I've been advised of being anti club. Nothing could be further from the truth. 

One thing we ALL share is a love of the club that means we spend (literally) hours of our time every week discussing it on here (and elsewhere). It's that love of the club that leads to worry when news emerges like this week's. Obviously there will be differing views. Some will dismiss it as irrelevant, some will focus on it. But my major worry over the years is that the club is sustainable and will exist for at least another 150 years. 

That's why it's so important that the club communicates with it's fans. And this needs to improve. Putting it's head in the sand and waiting for things to blow over isn't the way we should be dealing with things.

I guess what I'm saying is - go easy on the worriers. That's all it is. Not intentional rabble rousing. Just worry.

Thanks

There are posters on here who’s opinion is already formed regardless. They have to be seen defending the club and taking the moral high ground.

You know their opinion before they post. Pointless posters really.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

There are posters on here who’s opinion is already formed regardless. They have to be seen defending the club and taking the moral high ground.

You know their opinion before they post. Pointless posters really.

So true

Also makes you wonder why they'd break out of the echo chamber they/their gang is in and read opposing views only for them to attack them too

lol

It's nuts

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*scene cuts to a darkened room*

*shows a table with a mysterious golden idol in the middle stood tall*

*around the table are people in black hoods -  you can't see their faces*

"right everyone we know what we're here to do" says one voice

"yes almighty one. We're here to stir  up as much trouble as possible for Sheffield Wednesday FC and ONLY Sheffield Wednesday FC"

"that's right my chosen ones - I want you to go out and think up as many anti-SWFC stories as possible"

"We will do that almighty one - we follow you"

"good - now go get them"

*group leaves room and disperses to their offices at Radio Sheffield, The Sheffield Star, The BBC, The university they lecture at, Gary Linekers house and more*

THE PLAN HAS BEEN SET IN MOTION

You had me until you said Gary Lineker lol Everyone know he does do his own dirty work he get Murphy to do it for him.

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Are you always this obtuse???

Nobody is talking about a "conspiracy".

All media channels that are being criticised from the BBC, to Radio Sheffield, to The Star, to Dom Howson, Alan BIggs, Jon Newsome, Rob Staton, The Examiner, Yorkshire Live and even a university lecturer of all people to have a go at  - ALL of them are out to get us

Ok mate

Ok....

Sounds legit

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Easiest thing in the world to say a journalist/the media/radio sheffield/the star is out to get us

But

As with every other conspiracy theory

The second you ask that person to then explain it to you, the motivation behind it, the reason why they would do that, and ask them to compare the coverage  with that of any other football club they immediately and completely collapse into a total mess.

Why?

BECAUSE IT IS A TOTAL NONSENSE

Absolute claptrap 

Emotional garbage they try and push at you and try to convince you is happening

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What do you want the club to release a statement about right now? 

Have you seen any of the other threads or local press about the loan that has been placed against the stadium. If not then this is the statement that people are rightly wanting to know what is going on and how it will affect the club.

Because DC sold the stadium to himself last year or the year before depending which accounts you read, he is now using it to finance a loan to himself. Should he default on this loan as could happen in these financially difficult times,  the company he has gone with can cease the asset or as me and you know it our football club and sell it to the highest bidder. then could if they wished knock it all down and build houses on it.

Of course there could be nothing to worry about, this is all part and parcel of doing football so...………….  A club statement would put everyone mid at ease.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine that Andy Giddings, Rob Staton, Dom Howson, Keiran Maguire, Gary Lineker, The head of the BBC, Gary Lineker, Paul Walker, Seth Bennett, the editor of the Sheffield Star had all got together to plot to attack SWFC

lol

Imagine actually really truly believing that

Imagine repeating this time after time when nobody has suggested it, just to stifle any criticism of any journalist.

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I know crackers.....imagine!

Literally nobody is thinking that 

They're not just thinking that - they're POSTING it repeatedly trying to convince us the media is anti-swfc

FACT

It happens

Repeatedly 

And every single time you ask them to elaborate and talk us through  it they run off

They just like to post 'Andy Giddings is definitely Anti-SWFC' or 'Maguire just likes to stir up trouble against us' or 'Sheffield Star is out to get us' and then run off

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Imagine repeating this time after time when nobody has suggested it, just to stifle any criticism of any journalist.

Ok then

Serious point time mate

Indulge me

Make a list for me and post it below

Make a list of anyone accused of stirring up trouble, causing problems, being anti-swfc, being against Sheffield Wednesday, and generally being one of these people that we're hearing complaints about

Make a list of all of them - post it below - let's see what you come up with and what conclusions we can make

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Have you seen any of the other threads or local press about the loan that has been placed against the stadium. If not then this is the statement that people are rightly wanting to know what is going on and how it will affect the club.

Because DC sold the stadium to himself last year or the year before depending which accounts you read, he is now using it to finance a loan to himself. Should he default on this loan as could happen in these financially difficult times,  the company he has gone with can cease the asset or as me and you know it our football club and sell it to the highest bidder. then could if they wished knock it all down and build houses on it.

Of course there could be nothing to worry about, this is all part and parcel of doing football so...………….  A club statement would put everyone mid at ease.

Your previous posts on this suggested that Mandaric would have released a statement, nothing suggests this is the case.

The club were involved in numerous transactions that affected the financing of the club under Milan and Aldridge, they didn't report to the fan base on this every time.

I'd be surprised if any club regularly releases statements on transactions such as this, which are seemingly pretty commonplace in the sport.