Is it wrong to question what's happening at the club?

Guest Grandad

8 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

We are simply paying customers at the end of the day.  

As a customer of ANY business I have the right to question that company/product to determine whether or not to spend my money with them, to see if I'm getting value for money, and to see if that company is leading by example, ethically run, innovating, producing fantastic products, learning from it's previous misfires etc

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Over the years this site has provided a brilliant discussion forum with a huge number of fans represented, and topics have ranged wildly from HMRC to Andy Blair's hair

During that time there has also at times been an almost forensic analysis of the club's financial dealings and this has proved hugely important as a means of communicating in layman's terms how financially strong (or weak) the club is at various stages.

We do benefit from the input of numerous well qualified Owlstalkers who can make sense of this.

So when these matters are raised and things don't necessarily look good inevitably other Owlstalkers can get worried, or even angry about that info in the public domain. Or more often than not - angry at the person communicating it. Over the years I've been advised of being anti club. Nothing could be further from the truth. 

One thing we ALL share is a love of the club that means we spend (literally) hours of our time every week discussing it on here (and elsewhere). It's that love of the club that leads to worry when news emerges like this week's. Obviously there will be differing views. Some will dismiss it as irrelevant, some will focus on it. But my major worry over the years is that the club is sustainable and will exist for at least another 150 years. 

That's why it's so important that the club communicates with it's fans. And this needs to improve. Putting it's head in the sand and waiting for things to blow over isn't the way we should be dealing with things.

I guess what I'm saying is - go easy on the worriers. That's all it is. Not intentional rabble rousing. Just worry.

Thanks

It’s wrong we have to. 

We’ve not heard a peep from Chansiri since the deduction. (I’m not counting the club ‘statements’)

Tbf, when things about charges on the ground come up, then most of us can only speculate as to what it may or may not mean. It doesn't look great from the outside looking in, but we are all speculating one way or another.

However, I dont think anyone can really sit there and not be critical of our notable decline on the pitch since Wembley and the fact we are on minus 7 due to a botched attempt to circumvent FFP rules. There isn't any speculation when it comes to that.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

On a serious note - and this is deadly serious - Russia/ America/China/U.K , and so on..., employs thousands of people and uses 'bots' on the internet to create this situation.

They don't care what you get angry about or who gets in power or what's going on - they just want everyone confused and angry

True story

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Don't know what people expect him to say?   

Another thing is local radio, RS is all over this matter like a rash, Football Heaven was basically a bash SWFC forum last night, but yet not one peep from RS about the pigs and the loans their owner has secured against the sty, which by all accounts are eye watering! 

Whether people dismiss it or not, there is a witch hunt against DC, no idea why but there are knives flying in from all over.

Id imagine DC's decision to only speak to Dom Howson isnt helping matters there

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As a customer of ANY business I have the right to question that company/product to determine whether or not to spend my money with them, to see if I'm getting value for money, and to see if that company is leading by example, ethically run, innovating, producing fantastic products, learning from it's previous misfires etc

An additional thought is that as a customer of sport, I am used to seeing contests won and lost on the pitch. But in the EFL, the important contests are increasingly taking place in quasi-judicial, secret hearing rooms. In each of the EFL leagues last season, relegation was settled in part on financial penalties given and not given. As a supporter of a club on -7 points, it is reasonable to expect transparency in the actions on the financial pitch that are so influential to the League outcomes.

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
7 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Another thing is local radio, RS is all over this matter like a rash, Football Heaven was basically a bash SWFC forum last night, but yet not one peep from RS about the pigs and the loans their owner has secured against the sty, which by all accounts are eye watering! 

Whether people dismiss it or not, there is a witch hunt against DC, no idea why but there are knives flying in from all over.

8 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Another thing is local radio, RS is all over this matter like a rash, Football Heaven was basically a bash SWFC forum last night 

I'm starting to really abhor these kind of throwaway nonsense statements

People latch onto them and start believing them - that's the issue

"Bash SWFC"

"Another stick to beat the club with"

"Another stick to bash the club with"

etc etc etc

Suggesting the media is anti-SWFC, saying they stir stuff up etc

It's all just absolute total GARBAGE but people lock onto it as though it makes them some kind of superfan if they say/believe it

Talk about hypersensitive emotional nonsense

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

As fans we should question the club, the problem is we rarely get answers that satisfy everyone.

The problem is this leads to fans questioning one another instead and their motivations for having a certain opinion leading to the polarisation we have witnessed on here recently

So; the question is fine. Its healthy. But only when you balance opinions with opinions of others, contrary or not, rather than immediately go on the defensive

Side note - this isn't just this forum, it's any media which is driven by individuals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Fixed it for you mate

This is the problem I guess - let's take the stadium loans as an example

Fan A demands to know the ins and outs of the purchases to make sense of the terms out of interest and are told they aren't proper fans

Fan B bemoans another nail in the coffin of SWFC without knowing the facts and are called bed wetters

Fan C identifies it as a business transaction to which we should not have any facts for in the same way as any business transaction would probably include NDA and are called clappers

All fans are right to want to ask the question but to demand answers on all aspects of running a business if naive as the world does not work that way unless the club was fan owned and should certainly not name call or fight each other because the motivations for questioning is different when they all want the same answers

Just now, Chris Apolon said:

This is the problem I guess - let's take the stadium loans as an example

Fan A demands to know the ins and outs of the purchases to make sense of the terms out of interest and are told they aren't proper fans

Fan B bemoans another nail in the coffin of SWFC without knowing the facts and are called bed wetters

Fan C identifies it as a business transaction to which we should not have any facts for in the same way as any business transaction would probably include NDA and are called clappers

All fans are right to want to ask the question but to demand answers on all aspects of running a business if naive as the world does not work that way unless the club was fan owned and should certainly not name call or fight each other because the motivations for questioning is different when they all want the same answers

Agreed!

I'm not expecting ANY explanation from Chansiri on this one because it's a private business transaction of his and he's no reason or obligation to explain anything at all

Fans demanding answers to this one need to stand down

What I think we SHOULD hear are the plans for the future, what's the plan etc

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Over the years this site has provided a brilliant discussion forum with a huge number of fans represented, and topics have ranged wildly from HMRC to Andy Blair's hair

During that time there has also at times been an almost forensic analysis of the club's financial dealings and this has proved hugely important as a means of communicating in layman's terms how financially strong (or weak) the club is at various stages.

We do benefit from the input of numerous well qualified Owlstalkers who can make sense of this.

So when these matters are raised and things don't necessarily look good inevitably other Owlstalkers can get worried, or even angry about that info in the public domain. Or more often than not - angry at the person communicating it. Over the years I've been advised of being anti club. Nothing could be further from the truth. 

One thing we ALL share is a love of the club that means we spend (literally) hours of our time every week discussing it on here (and elsewhere). It's that love of the club that leads to worry when news emerges like this week's. Obviously there will be differing views. Some will dismiss it as irrelevant, some will focus on it. But my major worry over the years is that the club is sustainable and will exist for at least another 150 years. 

That's why it's so important that the club communicates with it's fans. And this needs to improve. Putting it's head in the sand and waiting for things to blow over isn't the way we should be dealing with things.

I guess what I'm saying is - go easy on the worriers. That's all it is. Not intentional rabble rousing. Just worry.

Thanks

Do you mean go easy on the "Worriers" or "Warriors" or perhaps both.

5 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Why do you ALWAYS protect the media, every time??   

I don't

What I DO do is point out how hypersensitive and paranoid it is to post that the media is out to get us, how Radio Sheffield are stirring it, how some journalist has it in for us

It's total utter CLAPTRAP and people post it to sound cool or in with the cool kids who are also saying it, repeating it, and believing it without any proper examination of it whatsoever.

It started with a handful of people saying it, and it's snowballed with people jumping on the bandwagon without actually looking into what they're saying has ANY truth to it ( note - it doesnt)

Of all the traits to come out in Wednesday fans over the last few years this media bashing is the absolute pits

It's absolutely pathetic

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, hirstysfags said:

Are you a shareholder Neil? I used to be and so I had a right to question it at AGMs. Obviously none of us are now. We are simply paying customers at the end of the day.  

Pay up and shut up - is that how it works?

:ghoulguy:

I remember

I can't recall ever seeing anything at all though can you?

Has anyone ever seen this so called abuse?

When Att released news of one of our new signings this summer before it officially got announced, he got hammered for it on social media. Dogs abuse about how the club is being run by a kid, who does he think he is. I haven't seen it all but I wouldn't be surprised if he regularly gets sh*tty messages about how his dad is performing as the owner.

No need for it. 

Do you agree EVERYONE  connected in the day to day devision making at the club should be allowed to be questioned and scrutinised?