Is it wrong to question what's happening at the club?

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

We agree Grandad, and I think the Club might communicate a little more, although in fairness many issues of recent importance such as points deduction and finance strategy are either off limits as legal arguments are still ongoing, or private as they would be for any company. I also agree that we, as fans with common purpose,  should argue and debate and we can’t all agree. I do take issue however with the howling and pointless abuse and bile directed at The Chairman and The Manager. I think they are as much a part of the team as the players on the pitch and let’s face it, very few of us on here could even pretend to understand the complexity of their decisions. Last week was a good example- we all have a ruined weekend when the ball doesn’t run for us but goodness me! The abuse directed at The Management was appalling. Garry Monk, if he has any sense, will not read the posts on here and if Mr C took his money away we would be finished. Yes, debate and argue, but with respect please. 

We do agree

If you can't make your points respectfully it's best not to make them

2 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Shhhh, that paints DC slightly in a good light....we can't have that kind of filth round here...make some derogatory shizzle up about him!

So speculation is fine as long as it's on our side of the fence?

And there's nothing made up about two transfer embargoes (at least), the decline in league position, meagre resources for re-stocking the squad or twelve point penalty.

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Blimey DJ, someone says something vaguely positive about the chairman and you're on it like a tramp on chips.

So long as it's on your side of the fence eh?

Just upholding the standards of consistency. And you seem to be projecting as you are far more active in threads about the chairman when there is criticism about than I am for the opposite.

Guest Grandad

Did you get a 6 or 12 month contract to run the Chairmans PR Campaign Limit Owl?

Only I see you joined in June - so if its 6 months you're gonna really need to step up your game

19 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Active when the criticism is unwarranted or just downright knuckle draggin abuse.

Given that I pointed out a number of pertinent facts that are not remotely speculative and did so without abuse, I fail to see how my post above meets either criteria.

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to repeat it. Your philosophy smacks of whitewashing and directing the debate.

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

You'll have to dress up again then...

From June till end of September I watched and was very impressed at your self control

You didn't just re-join the site, and immediately start spouting 'The Chairman is getting so much personal abuse from knuckle draggers' (on a moderated site that doesn't allow that to happen - but you know that already)

You held it in

I kept watching... waiting....

And lo and behold here comes October and you just cannot hide it anymore

Worst Uberfan Undercover Mission EVER

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

No one should be happy about where we are as a club...but when the chairman has found a way to get some equity on the ground in able not to be hamstrung by the EFL when we most need it why would people not see that as a positive. He's already shown he's changed the recruitment strategy which everyone was crying out for and got rid of all but two of the big earners which everyone was crying out for. I'm not happy where we are but a 4th from bottom place this season will be a bonus. Don't forget without the points deduction we would have been comfortably safe last season. It is what it is...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

No one should be happy about where we are as a club...but when the chairman has found a way to get some equity on the ground in able not to be hamstrung by the EFL when we most need it why would people not see that as a positive. He's already shown he's changed the recruitment strategy which everyone was crying out for and got rid of all but two of the big earners which everyone was crying out for. I'm not happy where we are but a 4th from bottom place this season will be a bonus. Don't forget without the points deduction we would have been comfortably safe last season. It is what it is...

Perfect summary - nice one Daveyboy 👍

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

No one should be happy about where we are as a club..

Should have left it there! Basically the things people were warning about and advising him to do which were all dismissed have now come to pass/are being acted upon and we have to say well done Mr Chairman? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Should have left it there! Basically the things people were warning about and advising him to do which were all dismissed have now come to pass/are being acted upon and we have to say well done Mr Chairman? 

That's right..he's done the obvious and necessary. Management from the top of some players very poor eg Rhodes, Forestieri (both cost us thousands if not millions) who has walked away after being our star player worth millions and even Penney.

Lots of other things need putting right eg no sponsors worth the name, re-signing hopeless players at the end of their contract, signing players with injuries, and the ground is still shabby esp internally, eg toilets, old fashioned turnstiles making a noise like 1950, tea counters, and bars Still a shadow over his competence that he fell foul of the EFL. Derby managed to avoid it.

11 hours ago, Grandad said:

I thought I'd posted already that is not (but I may have imagined it 😂 old age does that to you)

We pay 3m annual rent on a 30 year deal.

Sheffield 3 Ltd 'pay' the club £7.5m a year to buy the stadium. For 8 years.

S3  pays 52.5 Million,and his Company over 30 years receives 90 Million?.... suits ya sir suits ya......   **** me gently Bentley....NINETY MILLION....

On 07/10/2020 at 19:55, bigash_swfc said:

If you've not attended any games over the last 6 or so years, I'll forgive you but we've been competing at the top end of the table and had some memorable wins and days out at Wembley. 

Wembley is(or should be) a step to the Premier league via a 'win' in the Play Offs...not to be gallant losers again.....Great day out? is that what we have been reduced to? Hull had a great day out,& so did their fans...(but short lived) HULL FFS..perhaps you think me a sore loser?

but i remember the FA Cup final from 1966,where we led 2-0 but lost 3-2..

The only side  to my knowledge that have ever surrendered a 2-0 lead in the final and lost...

When WHEN  will this Club with its magnificent history & fans achieve again the success the fans so richly deserve

WAWAW?

Edited by parajack

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Wembley is(or should be) a step to the Premier league via a 'win' in the Play Offs...not to be gallant losers again.....Great day out? is that what we have been reduced to? Hull had a great day out,& so did their fans...(but short lived) HULL FFS..perhaps you think me a sore loser?

Oh Hull FFS..

The team full of Internationals and players who have gone on to be worth 70/80m+. ((Robertson, Maguire) at the time)

If you're going on the name of the team, you're going to be devastated this season. Teams like little old Brentford have been building for years and have started reaping the rewards of developing youth.

We've only just began our transition and we're demanding more. Relax.

A backwards step is not the end of the world.

On 09/10/2020 at 01:06, bigash_swfc said:

Oh Hull FFS..

The team full of Internationals and players who have gone on to be worth 70/80m+. ((Robertson, Maguire) at the time)

If you're going on the name of the team, you're going to be devastated this season. Teams like little old Brentford have been building for years and have started reaping the rewards of developing youth.

We've only just began our transition and we're demanding more. Relax.

A backwards step is not the end of the world.

Player standard or Internationals as you put it,reinforces my point if anything...Hull a City with high unemployment & devastated by the loss of its Fishing industry,yet its Football team can rise from the ashes,(with very average crowd sizes) attract decent players & gain promotion....

Not exactly 'St Tropez' is it?..Marina or not...(oh sorry,thats Grimsby.) 

So yes 'Hull FFS' still stands for me...There are other examples,too many to mention..(Blackpool?)

.Meanwhile back in downtown Gotham City.....we struggle on....

Assuming normal turnover of staff, some additions and some leaving and being replaced. The Monk apologists will be able to say, OK we are sliding towards oblivion, but you can't sack Monk because he has just got his, Physiotherapist, Under 17s player, under deputy goalkeeping coach, pitch marker, Steward, tea lady...fill in as required and you want to sack him after only two games with the new tea lady. Its always the last 2 or 4 games since something happened, endless excuses. Nobody wants to sack anyone on the last 4 games. He should have been sacked a long time ago, it just suits the arguments of the apologist in chief and his crony's to put up a false argument and then demolish it with brilliant facts and sarcasm. If only all these forumites did not have their own opinion and let them be formed by those who know better. Its all the fault of Carlos, bad apples, stupid fans, Jos, alignment of the stars conspiring against our Gary. Give him a chance he needs a few more games, a season, two seasons, eternity to get it right. With absolute certainty, I told you so waits down the line. You think Monk can turn it around? Wake up, back in the room.

• Like 2