Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

Just now, owls maniac said:

What a result for Burnley!

Liverpool 67 games home unbeaten. Now 4 games without a goal. No doubt they are suffering with the schedule this season and lack of crowds. 

Title going to Manchester this season IMO

Yes, and it won't be the red side.

Fantastic effort Burnley.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2021 at 19:06, Ellis Rimmer said:

Clearly they're not the weakest incarnation if they win the title... but right now, this is the weakest City have been in a few years.

Not sure what that says about Premier League title holders Liverpool, who are now 4 points behind 'the weakest Man City in years' having played a game more. 

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

it says they're the weakest Liverpool incarnation for a few years

It's the same team that walked the league last season minus their best defender and now they can't score.

Missed all this last night. Sky sports headline this morning is klopp saying its all his fault. He loves to make everything about himself, just like mourinho did at Chelsea. Difference is, klopp tries to be all nicey nicey and friendly until it doesn't go his way then his passive aggressive side comes out and the mardiness kicks in. Mourinho was just arrogant from the start and pulled it off. Seems klopp got mardy at half time too? Good, can't stand him, he's up there in a 2 with wilder on my list of managers I can't stand and love to see stuff go against. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Missed all this last night. Sky sports headline this morning is klopp saying its all his fault. He loves to make everything about himself, just like mourinho did at Chelsea. Difference is, klopp tries to be all nicey nicey and friendly until it doesn't go his way then his passive aggressive side comes out and the mardiness kicks in. Mourinho was just arrogant from the start and pulled it off. Seems klopp got mardy at half time too? Good, can't stand him, he's up there in a 2 with wilder on my list of managers I can't stand and love to see stuff go against. 

Do you not think though that trait is often there with winners ? I exclude wilder here, as I think he simply got lucky, and he was never going to sustain that level. But, Jose mardy but a winner, klopp, mardy but a winner, even Pep, mardy when lost but a winner. Even Ferguson hated losing and showed a mardy side.

I just think certain characters are that way-especially when winning on such a regular basis. They can't take losing.

Wilder is simply a mardy arse period.

• Thanks 1