What Trends Have Wednesday Set?

Guest Therealrealist
7 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Are you sure about that?

Im sure I’ve seen that in the early days of football there were a few “Wednesdays”. Were we definitely the first?

Go on then name some others..we wer the first

13 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Go on then name some others..we wer the first

A quick look at Wiki identifies South Kirby Wednesday (1905 to 1936) and Abergavenny Thursdays (1927 to 2013).

I don’t think the Wiki list is definitive by any means, but I cba to trawl the net for more.

Considering the background to our own “Wednesday”, it would be most surprising if there were no other clubs back in the 19th century with similar names. Whether any pre-dated The Wednesday FC, I don’t know. That’s why I added the question mark.

Guest Therealrealist
20 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

A quick look at Wiki identifies South Kirby Wednesday (1905 to 1936) and Abergavenny Thursdays (1927 to 2013).

I don’t think the Wiki list is definitive by any means, but I cba to trawl the net for more.

Considering the background to our own “Wednesday”, it would be most surprising if there were no other clubs back in the 19th century with similar names. Whether any pre-dated The Wednesday FC, I don’t know. That’s why I added the question mark.

Its quite obvious other wednesdays would have been copying us..you wont find a wednesday formed b4 1867