Adedoyin - Another new signing for the future

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

If he’s in the first team on merit, I’ll be happy If he’s there by default, because we never got round to signing anyone else, than that’s a different matter

Totally agree but I think we both know that if we bring in two forwards including Windass it'll be a surprise as it certainly looks from the outside looking in that we're cuttIng costs and with us very likely being in League 1 next season that's understandable?

Also I expect Rhodes to be frozen out by **** by November when he continues to struggle due to the cack handed way he is used.

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

Totally agree but I think we both know that if we bring in two forwards including Windass it'll be a surprise as it certainly looks from the outside looking in that we're cuttIng costs and with us very likely being in League 1 next season that's understandable?

Also I expect Rhodes to be frozen out by **** by November when he continues to struggle due to the cack handed way he is used.

Dom just been saying we are looking at bringing in three forwards whether that includes Windass I'm not sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

In all likelihood, it's a completely different budget and different negotiators. Haslam is Academy chief, he's probably dealing with this, not Monk and the recruitment team. Just because they're looking at a teenager for the future, doesn't mean it's taking any time/money away from their hunt for first team players.

That kinda misses my point...I'm sorry but i would still sooner be using our resources looking for first team options rather than an U23 prospects who is highly likely to have dropped off the face of the earth in 2 years time. Based on the starting point for next season i would sooner see Steve Haslam or whoever it is within this side of things, looking for a young loan prospect to come in and improve our current first team options. 

For me i don't care if the U23's is put on hold for 2/3 years as it as very little impact on the first team. Lets be 100% honest, its produced very little to get excited about in the last 10 - 15 years. I think a women's side would have more benefit to us than our youth development side!!

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Dom just been saying we are looking at bringing in three forwards whether that includes Windass I'm not sure.

I hope he's right mate but TBH I just don't share his optimism. As a few have said it looked pretty much nailed on that we would only have Rhodes on the books striker wise come the summer. The points deduction makes another last minute bargain rush a dangerous game to play. I accept they have to one eye on a likely relegation and what that will do to budgets going forward. We're in a mess and I think at the moment our owner is just not as bothered as he once was which perhaps makes our current situation more precarious?

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

I hope he's right mate but TBH I just don't share his optimism. As a few have said it looked pretty much nailed on that we would only have Rhodes on the books striker wise come the summer. The points deduction makes another last minute bargain rush a dangerous game to play. I accept they have to one eye on a likely relegation and what that will do to budgets going forward. We're in a mess and I think at the moment our owner is just not as bothered as he once was which perhaps makes our current situation more precarious?

I'm lurching from negativity to positivity from day to day, you seem to be at the extreme neg side but I can see where you are coming from. 

I daresay that we have players in sight and lined for quite a while but what with a more restricted wages budget and the -12 points its going to take a hell of a salesman to sell us to any player let alone ones who have dreams of making quite a mark on the game.

If we can get a couple of decent forwards over the line in the next few days then there will an audible sigh of relief from the fans, just wish they would get on with it lol.

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I'm lurching from negativity to positivity from day to day, you seem to be at the extreme neg side but I can see where you are coming from. 

I daresay that we have players in sight and lined for quite a while but what with a more restricted wages budget and the -12 points its going to take a hell of a salesman to sell us to any player let alone ones who have dreams of making quite a mark on the game.

If we can get a couple of decent forwards over the line in the next few days then there will an audible sigh of relief from the fans, just wish they would get on with it lol.

If I could see something to be positive about I would say so but from the outside looking in it looks to me as though we're gambling on the punishment being reduced or quashed on appeal?

I don't see anything from **** to be positIve about. Playing Van Aken and Reach alongside Rhodes at the weekend told me everything I needed to know about this so called bright new era. When push comes to shove it will be the same tired old team selections and sh!te tactics. He doesn't know anything else?

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

If I could see something to be positive about I would say so but from the outside looking in it looks to me as though we're gambling on the punishment being reduced or quashed on appeal?

I don't see anything from **** to be positIve about. Playing Van Aken and Reach alongside Rhodes at the weekend told me everything I needed to know about this so called bright new era. When push comes to shove it will be the same tired old team selections and sh!te tactics. He doesn't know anything else?

Monk out

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jim said:

Obviously it's all Monk's fault that apart from a brief spell at free-scoring Norwich, Rhodes has failed to find the net (or even get on the field) regularly for five years now, at 4 clubs and under 9/10 managers.

• Haha 1