New Chansiri banner / flag

On 24/08/2020 at 06:45, mrbluesky said:

Here we go (rolls eyes) that was then, this is now

Ifs,buts and maybes.

But he's right. (regardless of your patronising eye rolling).

Whatever our situation is now (and it's nowhere near as dire as the doomsayers make out), it has to be put into direct context with what has gone before.

If we'd have been hugely successful every year for the last 30 years & Chansiri had come along and ruined it, you would be one of the first to draw comparisons to what went on prior to him coming.

It's not "ifs buts & maybe's", it's the accurate, historical truth of the events in our immediate history & hugely relevant to what is happening now which resulted in the mammoth task in trying to turn us around. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

the ludicrous P & S rules imposed by the fv.ckwltted EPL,

That rules that we helped produce.

19 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

because of EPL failure payments and the disadvantages that EFL clubs find themselves in

The rules that we helped produce.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Think it was unearthed by someone on here last week that the PL basically held clubs to ransom: solidarity payments are dependent on keeping the parachute payments in their current form.

That's right, and the EFL/Championship clubs can reject such a position.

It's so simple, it's a vote.  Championship clubs could say "we are not accepting your payments", and it's done.  

But Championship clubs didn't vote for it, so nothing changes.

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I don’t think they’re officially overdue yet due to an extension for everyone re. Covid.

Yes they are

I think we can all agree that the FFP / P&S Rules are flawed.
It is next to impossible to have watertight financial rules in football as clubs will employ the best lawyers and accountants to find loopholes and ways round them.

One of the motivations behind introducing the financial rules was to stop clubs going into administration. HMRC were putting pressure on the football authorities to get their house in order when clubs like Leeds went into Administration owing £6m in tax which had to be written off.

Yes parachute payment give clubs an unfair advantage with finances but so does having a rich sugar daddy and no one was moaning about that when we were splashing the cash.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

They are overdue but we are working with Companies House as they are acutely aware of the legal issues around this. So there is a little more to it than Yes they are as you well know

We're working with Companies House?? REALLY??

Guest Grandad
13 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

They are overdue but we are working with Companies House as they are acutely aware of the legal issues around this. So there is a little more to it than Yes they are as you well know

In the last 903 days we've filed one set of accounts at Companies House.

You don't 'work with' Companies House. Its merely a repository for your accounts - and if you don't file them when they should be filed they are marked late.

Thats it. And right now - ours are overdue. And marked as such

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

But he's right. (regardless of your patronising eye rolling).

Whatever our situation is now (and it's nowhere near as dire as the doomsayers make out), it has to be put into direct context with what has gone before.

If we'd have been hugely successful every year for the last 30 years & Chansiri had come along and ruined it, you would be one of the first to draw comparisons to what went on prior to him coming.

It's not "ifs buts & maybe's", it's the accurate, historical truth of the events in our immediate history & hugely relevant to what is happening now which resulted in the mammoth task in trying to turn us around.

I`m a pragmatic kinda guy x 

-12 and a chairman that's not learning (and still not).

I deal with facts.

(Rolls eyes, again) I`ll put you with Daveyboy, in the Ifs, buts and maybes  

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, The_Limit_Owl said:

How is he not learning?  The coaching staff and players signed recently suggest he has.

Look we ain't all got time machines, mistakes have been made, we all know that, IMO good intentions were behind them, but we move on, we chill out and we get behind em, all this pls.sin 'n moanin about things that have happened in the past is just gonna eat you up, gets you nowhere.

It's Big Bob and Dave that's living in the past, not me.

Monk wanted them in (obvs), Birmingham wouldn`t release them, not Mr C`s choice, the managers choice.

We are signing these players because of the financial constraints on the club and not because we have `as a club` decided to go this route, (forced if you like) , I poo you not, if Mr. C could spend , he would. 

Guest mrbluesky
20 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Oh I get that, so he's learnt then clearly?  He knows a different approach is needed, he could go shizzle or bust and "do" a Wolves but he's been stung by FFP and knows that's a folly approach unless you've got s superstar manager at the helm.

I do honestly believe the general ethos is changing to a, dare I say it, more professional outlook, sign players not only on their ability now but have one eye on future resale value, and even if we got to the Prem, I'd hope that ethos continued.

I'm actually liking the noises coming out of the club and I'm looking forward to next season, mainly because I can enjoy a few sherberts while watching EVERY game....what's not to like! 

He clearly hasn’t if you are forced.

On the rest, time will tell.