Where are the goals coming from?

11 hours ago, room0035 said:

Unfortunately the club is in such a mess both on and off the park.

I feel we need to go back to basics get the team tight at the back, a experienced championship goal keeper, a solid consistent back 4 a central defensive midfielder.

Get that sorted and correct then see what we can find in the free agent market and loan signing to help up front. 

We are too easy to beat, we have too many players that don't play for the full 90 minutes, or have a tendency to switch off in games and we have too many who simple do not perform.

We have lost probably 10 first team player, then have another 7 or 8 players out of contract this time next season, we need a clear out. Other if not signing new deals (Bannan, Reach, Lees, Palmer) need to be gone, Westwood and Rhodes are salaries we cannot afford with no other income coming into the club that the fans money.

It is a massive close season we could need double figure players and it petrifies me that the muppet in charge of this is Monk.

Has the Muppet you’re referring to 

been in anyway responsible for the squad you state needs a clear out ? 

Just now, Sultan_Pepper said:

Wonder if you could get away with changing the heights at half time to make the goal you're defending smaller every half and have a huge goal to aim at 🙂

I made it around £12,000 for two goals.  Unbelievable. 

Then Kev the junior groundsman comes along, using the back posts as javelins  

13 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Has the Muppet you’re referring to 

been in anyway responsible for the squad you state needs a clear out ? 

His only transfer window he signed 3 unfit players and a bloke from the Italian none league. But for the Co-Vid that would have been an 100% failure record on 4 transfers.

If that one window is what we have to look forward to, then league One is not far away.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, room0035 said:

His only transfer window he signed 3 unfit players and a bloke from the Italian none league. But for the Co-Vid that would have been an 100% failure record on 4 transfers.

If that one window is what we have to look forward to, then league One is not far away.

You actually judge his transfer activity on having no money to spend to balance a lopsided squad. 

Who, player or managerial, wants to come to SWFC ? Why did two of our strongest players this season decide to leave.
You recognised in your original comment the squad needs a clear out. Why is that ? Who’s fault is it ?

27 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You actually judge his transfer activity on having no money to spend to balance a lopsided squad. 

Who, player or managerial, wants to come to SWFC ? Why did two of our strongest players this season decide to leave.
You recognised in your original comment the squad needs a clear out. Why is that ? Who’s fault is it ?

Let spend the next 12 months playing the blame game or get it sorted, good manager work with what they have and get the best results possible not tell half their squad in January you won't be getting a new deal here then expect them to give their all for the club.

This was Monk publicly telling players, week in week out, the are not good enough, fit enough, playing well enough then you are surprised when players won't extend their contracts.

What's happening now is the cultivation of having a muppet in charge. Don't worry we can see how great Monk does in the summer then you can say I told you so. 

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Let spend the next 12 months playing the blame game or get it sorted, good manager work with what they have and get the best results possible not tell half their squad in January you won't be getting a new deal here then expect them to give their all for the club.

Been over this a million times, they will know they are leaving if they haven’t been offered contracts. Agents and clubs will be negotiating from 6 months out to ensure the clients get a deal and also the clubs don’t lose players for nothing. If anything the players should appreciate the honesty that they’ve been told early and been given time to find new deals.

This was Monk publicly telling players, week in week out, the are not good enough, fit enough, playing well enough then you are surprised when players won't extend their contracts.

Fox and fletcher left because of £££ (fox also wasn’t particularly bothered about staying given the hassle he gets) they haven’t left because monk has told them they aren’t good enough or fit enough.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

What's happening now is the cultivation of having a muppet in charge. Don't worry we can see how great Monk does in the summer then you can say I told you so

Typical attitude of Wednesday fans nowadays, negative from the start and would rather the club fail so they can say I told you so. Living in the past still think we are a big club because we got to a couple of cup finals 27years ago and still think the likes of FF and Hutch are top players.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

What's happening now is the cultivation of having a muppet in charge. Don't worry we can see how great Monk does in the summer then you can say I told you so. 

You were there when he spoke to players then ? 
I think not. 
And clearly you don’t blame anyone else, although Monk only joined last year.

Carry On with your ITK comments, but you’ve lost my attention with your inability to acknowledge what happened before Monk arrived.

• Haha 1

On 07/07/2020 at 14:07, Skyline said:

I have no idea what you are getting at here? Are you one of those really anti Carlos people?

I'm no Carlos number 1 fan boy, but the football we played in that first season was very entertaining and also saw us get to the Play off final.

What I'm trying to get at, is if we actually improved that team in the areas we needed and continued to play the same football, we would have been promoted.

Instead we decided to start making stupid signings, positions we did not need to strengthen (or the players were not the required type for that position). 

Carlos decided to go backwards and change our style of play. From that point on we've continued to go backwards.

I still don't see why a trophy in the cabinet has any resemblance.

What I do see, is we got to the play off final and now we're scrapping about at the bottom. 

firstly, 'entertaining football' wins you nothing, no side to my knowledge has been promoted for playing 'entertaining football' it's accruing enough points that seems to carry the day. 

secondly, you didn't have to foot the bill for splashing out on all these players, and as i pointed out, but you chose to not understand both the bank balance and trophy cabinet were left empty.

thirdly, getting to a wembley final is worth nothing, if you going to freeze on the day, on a serious number of occasions owlstalk has gone into meltdown over a pig failure in playoffs, then we go and meekly submit.

fourthly, don't think you're the only one who could see where our shortcomings were, many were staggered by our acquisitions, whilst glaring problems were overlooked.

but you can't jump up and down at the 'entertaining football' you enjoyed in season one, and your trip to wembley without accepting that was paid for by dc, the man who has sanctioned these poor signings you complain of.

fifth,  'i still don't see why a trophy in the cabinet has any resemblance'.

resemblance to what, a submarine?, a llama?, what?

yes we did get to the playoff final, and we WON NOTHING at great financial cost.

Edited by dorian gray

On 07/07/2020 at 14:32, gurujuan said:

Bruce and Bullen also had this shambolic unbalanced squad showing that sort of form, but only Monk has overseen, what has been a total collapse in form. If you are seriously suggesting the loss of Fletcher was solely responsible for that collapse, then respectfully, you must be in some sort of denial. 
For a start, Fletcher was only absent for part of that period, and Monk was allowed to bring in an experienced replacement in Conor Wickham. Sure, if you lose your leading scorer, it’s going to have a negative impact, but by suggesting that his absence was the main reason for the disastrous form, is just fanciful. 

there is only one of us two in any 'sort of denial' and it's you.

monk had done a fantastic job of getting out 'rag, tag' squad up the table, he had done it with only fletcher as a worthy striker, that is FACT.

we were at that time perhaps a few places above where we should have been, but as they say 'the table cannot lie'.

our slide down corresponded with the loss of our only striker (whose wouldn't have?). again FACT.

you say he was replaced by wickham, but it was clear to see wickham was far from 90 minute match fit. FACT'

the only thing 'fanciful' is your overriding desire for us to ar$e about with the ball, instead of attacking our opponents at the earliest opportunity, and often. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

there is only one of us two in any 'sort of denial' and it's you.

monk had done a fantastic job of getting out 'rag, tag' squad up the table, he had done it with only fletcher as a worthy striker, that is FACT.

we were at that time perhaps a few places above where we should have been, but as they say 'the table cannot lie'.

our slide down corresponded with the loss of our only striker (whose wouldn't have?). again FACT.

you say he was replaced by wickham, but it was clear to see wickham was far from 90 minute match fit. FACT'

the only thing 'fanciful' is your overriding desire for us to ar$e about with the ball, instead of attacking our opponents at the earliest opportunity, and often. 

Yeah, he marched them up to the top of the hill, and then........,