Where are the goals coming from?

A scary graph of the team's failure to score this season. 

For me it shows that we really need to concentrate on signing forwards this close season.  The defence and midfield looks strong enough, but the attack has been woeful all season, only Fletcher making a telling contribution. 

If we can keep Murphy, then we need to sign three or four forwards.   

Wickham looks to slow for me and his injury history could be a ticking time bomb, he would do well to get into double figures over a full season.  Wages wise he would probably be very expensive.

Urgent action needs to be taken.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately the club is in such a mess both on and off the park.

I feel we need to go back to basics get the team tight at the back, a experienced championship goal keeper, a solid consistent back 4 a central defensive midfielder.

Get that sorted and correct then see what we can find in the free agent market and loan signing to help up front. 

We are too easy to beat, we have too many players that don't play for the full 90 minutes, or have a tendency to switch off in games and we have too many who simple do not perform.

We have lost probably 10 first team player, then have another 7 or 8 players out of contract this time next season, we need a clear out. Other if not signing new deals (Bannan, Reach, Lees, Palmer) need to be gone, Westwood and Rhodes are salaries we cannot afford with no other income coming into the club that the fans money.

It is a massive close season we could need double figure players and it petrifies me that the muppet in charge of this is Monk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

Too many changes spell disaster 

Certainly it presents us with many difficulties. Monk will need to have the recruitment skills of Arry Redknapp, if he is to assemble an effective collection of strikers on zero budget

• Like 1

I’ve mentioned this as a huge problem. We can’t score goals from open play at Hillsborough. 

Windass v Derby is our only goal at home from open play in 2020. You have to go back to Fletcher’s 2nd v Brentford on 7th December to find our previous one. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I’ve mentioned this as a huge problem. We can’t score goals from open play at Hillsborough. 

Windass v Derby is our only goal at home from open play in 2020. You have to go back to Fletcher’s 2nd v Brentford on 7th December to find our previous one. 

Even more shocking when you think we have the creative talents of Bannan and Luongo in midfield, and can call on the likes of Murphy, Reach and Harris to supply the width

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Too many changes spell disaster 

we need to get rid of the dross, if there is more than a dozen of them so be it, this squad has had its day, some amongst it never will have their day.

cripples, underachievers, pea hearted, prima donnas, overpaid, all need to go 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

We need a dozen players.

That is a good thing inasmuch as it gives the manager a free hand to get in the players he wants for the style of play he wants to play.

Pity it's not Bruce or another successful manager doing it.

warnock?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Even more shocking when you think we have the creative talents of Bannan and Luongo in midfield, and can call on the likes of Murphy, Reach and Harris to supply the width

It’s horrendous, In 17 home games under Monk we’ve scored 13 times, 7 from open play and 6 from set pieces or penalties. Scored more than once twice in 17 games. Worst scorers at home in the division. Huge huge concern. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 0114 said:

It’s horrendous, In 17 home games under Monk we’ve scored 13 times, 7 from open play and 6 from set pieces or penalties. Scored more than once twice in 17 games. Worst scorers at home in the division. Huge huge concern. 

SHOCKINGLY BAD squad inherited.

Our midfield doesn’t get in the box and break the lines enough. We’ve had the problem for years. No true box to box player. We need someone that gets 10 goals from centre mid and haven’t had one of them for years

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

and no finishers, with fletcher out injured for half the season, and wickham arriving non match fit.

when we had one sole striker of any worth (fletcher) playing, we were in third place.

i could go on to say i cannot believe some of our support cannot see it, but it's more of a case of wanting to overlook it, and just constantly blaming the present manager for the previous failings.

• Like 2