John Barnes

5 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Just been on Sky news, he mentioned not been able to get a managers job. Wonder if it’s owt to do with the job he did at Celtic 

He was a disaster at Celtic and then bombed at Tranmere a few years later. 

It is weird how we don’t have more top black managers though. Considering the amount of top black players there have been throughout the years

Chris Hughton is probably the highest profile black manager recently working in England and my choice to replace Bruce last summer

Paul Ince did a good job in the lower leagues then bombed at Blackburn 

Sol ‘greatest mind in football’ Campbell has probably talked himself out of getting a job anywhere as he comes across as a massive helmet 

Ruud Gulitt did ok at Chelsea, meh at Newcastle then disappeared 

Chris Powell had success at Charlton and hasn’t worked since 

Darren Moore did ok at WBA now at Doncaster 

Jean Tigana did well for a couple of years at Fulham 

Struggling now. That’s not many in the last 15 years is it 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stoop said:

It is weird how we don’t have more top black managers though. Considering the amount of top black players there have been throughout the years

Chris Hughton is probably the highest profile black manager recently working in England and my choice to replace Bruce last summer

Paul Ince did a good job in the lower leagues then bombed at Blackburn 

Sol ‘greatest mind in football’ Campbell has probably talked himself out of getting a job anywhere as he comes across as a massive helmet 

Ruud Gulitt did ok at Chelsea, meh at Newcastle then disappeared 

Chris Powell had success at Charlton and hasn’t worked since 

Darren Moore did ok at WBA now at Doncaster 

Jean Tigana did well for a couple of years at Fulham 

Struggling now. That’s not many in the last 15 years is it 

I can think of 10 white managers we've had that have been worse  !.

What's your point ?.

27 minutes ago, sage owl said:

I can think of 10 white managers we've had that have been worse  !.

What's your point ?.

Don't wanna speak for Stoop however my take is that many many failed managers get recycled - Danny Wilson, Turner, Keith Hill, Karl Robinson, Steve Evans, Nigel Adkins and on and on and on...

Why hasn't the likes of Campbell been given multiple chances to fail similarly for eg?

3 minutes ago, scram said:

Don't wanna speak for Stoop however my take is that many many failed managers get recycled - Danny Wilson, Turner, Keith Hill, Karl Robinson, Steve Evans, Nigel Adkins and on and on and on...

Why hasn't the likes of Campbell been given multiple chances to fail similarly for eg?

If that's what was been said I agree .I thought Stoop was trying to say that the reason for the lack of managers of colour was their collective lack of success. 

I am known for jumping in with both feet.

• Haha 2

I wasn’t really proving any point, just highlighting how few black managers haven’t worked and currently work in England, as John Barnes brought up earlier today. Interested to get people’s opinion on it 

Also forgot to add Nuno Espírito Santo at Wolves 

Edited by Stoop

8 hours ago, scram said:

Quite a few of those mentioned above have had great success at a lower league level, with a number of promotions between them. 

How many promotions have Barnes and Campbell had?