Sheffield Wednesday European map

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Clutching at straws a bit here, would putting Hirst's dot a bit closer to Sterlands for example really have made that much difference to how it looks? Would have been better with the accuracy in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Clutching at straws a bit here, would putting Hirst's dot a bit closer to Sterlands for example really have made that much difference to how it looks? Would have been better with the accuracy in my opinion. 

It might have looked better like that, dunno really. I like it, will buy one if and when they become available. If the accuracy thing annoys others, probably best not to buy it. We'll never know I suppose if a more accurate one would have been more popular than this one. 

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I haven't implied that anyone has said its a load of rubbish nor that anyone is a misery. 

You seem to be getting upset, so will leave you to it. 

OK!

34 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Bloody hell we will literally criticise anything to do with Wednesday.

23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Oh Ok i'll join in 

OH MY GOD THAT'S FOOOOOKING AWFUL

Not sure what you are joining in with, maybe you are just confused! 

34 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah its ok... My point is it would just be nice, just for once to read a thread where its positive. I can dream can't I? 

Make it as positive as you like!

Say how much you love it and the artist has done a cracking job and how you'd buy one

Nobody is stopping you mate

Go for it..

If that's how you feel then you should post and say so. 

Positive threads come from positive contributions

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Make it as positive as you like!

Say how much you love it and the artist has done a cracking job and how you'd buy one

Nobody is stopping you mate

Go for it..

If that's how you feel then you should post and say so. 

Positive threads come from positive contributions

That wasn't my point 

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

At first glance I thought that was the whole point, putting players according to where they geographically came from  e.g. Pressman in Hampshire and Trevor Francis in the West Country.

But at some point they've abandoned that and started sticking them in randomly so you've got Big Ron as an Essex boy and Reda Johnson is nowhere near his birthplace or where he first played (it took me a few seconds to Google he was born in Marseille so why couldn't the artist have done that?)

In a footballing sense Reda isn’t European. It says on the bottom of the artwork. Reda, yoann folly and madjid bougherra all played for African countries but born in france

Edited by gazzatheowl

31 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That wasn't my point 

I think the general rule of forums (roughly speaking) is to post about the topic in the threads

e.g this is about the european map, so you'd post about that.

You could post how great you think it is, how accurate it is, how great the colours are, how he's done a good job, how good it is that our fans do things like this, how good it was of SWFC official channel to share it etc etc 

Literally an endless list of positives you can post about it if you feel that way!

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the general rule of forums (roughly speaking) is to post about the topic in the threads

e.g this is about the european map, so you'd post about that.

You could post how great you think it is, how accurate it is, how great the colours are, how he's done a good job, how good it is that our fans do things like this, how good it was of SWFC official channel to share it etc etc 

Literally an endless list of positives you can post about it if you feel that way!

You're missing my point.

Replying to

Thanks for the message, the map seems to have sparked some debate, and isn't that the point of Art!? If all players were in their correct birth location it would have caused over crowding in certain areas. And I didn't think that would look good, so it was an aesthetic decision
  • Like 1

Still seems silly to me, why do a map saying this is where our European players are from and then put them miles away, I mean the Reda one is bad, Helan and Dielna from what I can find are from similar areas, just plonked them anywhere. Staying positive though

35 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:
Replying to

Thanks for the message, the map seems to have sparked some debate, and isn't that the point of Art!? If all players were in their correct birth location it would have caused over crowding in certain areas. And I didn't think that would look good, so it was an aesthetic decision

the map seems to have sparked some debate, and isn't that the point of Art!?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

the map seems to have sparked some debate, and isn't that the point of Art!?

That's just something that pretentious artists say if you dare to criticise them after they've just whacked any old crap on a canvas. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This is nice. 

He did it for his dad. That's a nice touch and will always be applauded and appreciated.

He's right about jogging memories too - there are some players on there I'd totally forgotten about

Your missing my point  

• Haha 1